Amstrad CPC floppy cable

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amstrad CPC support
Post Reply
cpharlok
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:05 am

Amstrad CPC floppy cable

Post by cpharlok »

HI!

Just got my new HxC unit from Peter (thanks!) and I want to use it with a CPC 6128. Do you know how can I make the cable that goes from the HxC to the CPC (floppy link)? I have a 3.5, 34 pins PC one ready. I have been searching around the forum and websites but I am still unsure how to do it.

Thanks a million!

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 7292
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: Amstrad CPC floppy cable

Post by Jeff »

cpharlok wrote:HI!

Just got my new HxC unit from Peter (thanks!) and I want to use it with a CPC 6128. Do you know how can I make the cable that goes from the HxC to the CPC (floppy link)? I have a 3.5, 34 pins PC one ready. I have been searching around the forum and websites but I am still unsure how to do it.

Thanks a million!
external or internal ?

cpharlok
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:05 am

Post by cpharlok »

Internal, I just want to replace the CPC fdd with the HxC

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 7292
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Post by Jeff »

cpharlok wrote:Internal, I just want to replace the CPC fdd with the HxC
in this case you need to buid a 26pin to 34pins adapter. are you able to make a small pcb to do this ?

cpharlok
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:05 am

Post by cpharlok »

Mmm.... I cant build a PCB, can I use a blank pcb?

(Like this one: http://rsk.imageg.net/graphics/product_ ... 99w345.jpg )

CrazyIcecap
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:38 pm
Contact:

Post by CrazyIcecap »

Here are some infos, but in german. There's a picture of the connections for the drive.

http://www.cpc-forum.de/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=582

CPCWiki has a lot of schematics:

http://cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Technical_documentation

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 7292
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Post by Jeff »

cpharlok wrote:Mmm.... I cant build a PCB, can I use a blank pcb?

(Like this one: http://rsk.imageg.net/graphics/product_ ... 99w345.jpg )
yes

schematic of the cable / pcb :

Image

CrazyIcecap
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:38 pm
Contact:

Post by CrazyIcecap »

Values for the resistors?

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 7292
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Post by Jeff »

CrazyIcecap wrote:Values for the resistors?
it's some straps, so 0 ohms.

cpharlok
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:05 am

Post by cpharlok »

Excellent! I will build it and post the results :)

Thanks Jeff and CrazyIcecap :D

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 7292
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Post by Jeff »

cpharlok wrote:Excellent! I will build it and post the results :)

Thanks Jeff and CrazyIcecap :D
Note: with the HxC Floppy Emulator you need only the strap R4, others are not populated.

izham_gb94
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:16 pm

Amstrad CPC --external-- floppy cable

Post by izham_gb94 »

Hello everyone, and thank you very much for this device as incredible:

I'm new to this forum.
I do not speak English, this is a translation and I apologize for errors.

I want to connect my HxC Floppy Emulator on an Amstrad 6128, at the rear connector (external).
I have seen these messages in the schema (thanks Jeff) for an internal connection, but I do not know how to connect in the back.

Please, can any of you give a little help?.

Thanks and best regards.

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 7292
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: Amstrad CPC --external-- floppy cable

Post by Jeff »

izham_gb94 wrote:Hello everyone, and thank you very much for this device as incredible:

I'm new to this forum.
I do not speak English, this is a translation and I apologize for errors.

I want to connect my HxC Floppy Emulator on an Amstrad 6128, at the rear connector (external).
I have seen these messages in the schema (thanks Jeff) for an internal connection, but I do not know how to connect in the back.

Please, can any of you give a little help?.

Thanks and best regards.

here a picture of the external connection:

Image

izham_gb94
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:16 pm

Post by izham_gb94 »

Hello again:
Jeff, thank you very much for your response and for the images ... very descriptive.
I'll do some tests on these days.
Thanks and best regards.

izham_gb94
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:16 pm

Post by izham_gb94 »

Hello again:
Sorry, I also post this message anywhere else wrong.
Sorry.

Post Reply