Stuck in Direct Access mode

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
cyberknight2311

Stuck in Direct Access mode

Post by cyberknight2311 »

Hello friends. I've installed a Gotek drive on my A1200 and it seemed to be working fine. I do not know what i did , if anything, but after a reboot , the loader loads fine , either through the Workbench or booting straight to it , but the OLED screen says *Direct Access* and i cannot use the FlashFloppy Selector anymore (no keyboard response) even though i can choose any of the games stored in the 6 first positions with the dial or the onboard keys , that i stored before the problem appeared. I've searched high and low and can't for the love of God find a solution.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
cyberknight2311

Re: Stuck in Direct Access mode

Post by cyberknight2311 »

For anyone interested , I solved it. For starters , having a better comprehension now of the way the GoTek works , it had nothing to do with Direct Access. It would seem that a faulty ADF file inserted into the first “slot” caused the software to freeze. At the same time , it caused the internal firmware to be stuck in a process that it would boot the first “slot” even though it would allow you to choose one of the other ones .
A clean flash drive , a firmware and software upgrade and a thorough test of the adf files did the job ! So admins can close the subject !
Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Stuck in Direct Access mode

Post by Jeff »

And it seems that this bug is not mine ... You are on the wrong forum ;)