Emax 1, Write protected?!

HxC Floppy Emulator E-mu Emax support
lukebretthauer

Emax 1, Write protected?!

Post by lukebretthauer »

Hi there,

I have been running an Emax 1 with a REV F for ages, and although there were some teething issues its largely a problem free setup. However i have run into a snag.

I can load my files fine, but once loaded, i cannot 'write' ie: master,sample,digital processing, and preset management buttons are all non responsive!

I switched sd adaptors (as i use micro sd) and it worked well again {which lead me to believe the adaptor was faulty}, until today... and is now, sadly, displaying the same symptom. As a tidbit, i tried the "faulty" sd adaptor in my sp1200 and there was no problem.

I have tried the new firmware (HXCFE_V1_8_2_40), plus i have tried all the WR enable settings in the reader AND i have played with the physical lock on the sd itself. I've also tried some fresh format SD cards i have lying around and nothing fixes the issue! What am i missing?!

The machine never gets moved or slammed around, so can't imagine any cable wriggling loose.

Help!

And thanks! :D :x

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Emax 1, Write protected?!

Post by Jeff »

Hello,

Is there any reaction on the emulator when you try to save something ? Are you sure this is related to the floppy emulator ?

lukebretthauer

Re: Emax 1, Write protected?!

Post by lukebretthauer »

TBH man im really not sure, ive reached out to my tech. Thanks for the speedy reply Jeff.