Screen display issue

HxC Floppy Emulator E-mu SP1200 support
Adamlevin87

Screen display issue

Post by Adamlevin87 »

I had a hxc 2001 installed in my sp1200 and I have an issue where half of the display is cut off. Has anyone seen this before and if so, any suggestions on how to fix it? Do you think it’s just an defective emulator?

Here’s a pic of the screen

https://imgur.com/DptGoNb

Thanks
Adam

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Screen display issue

Post by Jeff »

Adamlevin87 wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:06 pm
I had a hxc 2001 installed in my sp1200 and I have an issue where half of the display is cut off. Has anyone seen this before and if so, any suggestions on how to fix it? Do you think it’s just an defective emulator?

Here’s a pic of the screen

https://imgur.com/DptGoNb

Thanks
Adam
This appears to be a defective LCD screen. Maybe Lotharek can send you a new one when he comes back from holidays.
You can also try to "fix" it yourself : Some pressures on the back may be enough to get back the contact on the lcd screen.

Adamlevin87

Post by Adamlevin87 »

Thanks for your quick response jeff.

What exactly do you mean by pressure on the back. Should I open the machine and pushing in the ribbon cable more? Or do you just mean pushing on the drive face while it’s in the machine.

Thanks
Adam

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Adamlevin87 wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:43 pm
Thanks for your quick response jeff.

What exactly do you mean by pressure on the back. Should I open the machine and pushing in the ribbon cable more? Or do you just mean pushing on the drive face while it’s in the machine.

Thanks
Adam
yes, open the machine to have access to the lcd and try to make the contact again on the lcd.