convert adf to hfe with hxcfe - question

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
mcguire2

convert adf to hfe with hxcfe - question

Post by mcguire2 »

Hello,

I tried to do convert an adf-file to an hfe-file but i failed with this command:

hxcfe -finput:tbl_eon_party_ver_disk1.adf -foutput:tbl_eon_party_ver_disk1.adf.hfe conv:HXC_HFE

I tried to find out with "hxcfe --help" and finding information in the source code and duckduckgo but I failed.

Could please someone help me?

Cheers

Michael

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: convert adf to hfe with hxcfe - question

Post by Jeff »

First a question : Do you have a specific need to use the command line tool ? Why you don't use the gui ?

mcguire2

Post by mcguire2 »

I could not install the GUI on Debian with xfce because of some gnome dependencies as I remember.

Edit: I have found here same problem on ARM instead of AMD64 (my installation). A comment says "You need to do some apt-get to get the X11 devel library + some other stuff (i don't remember exactly which one.)" and that solved the problem.

I had just retried building the software with "make all".

Maybe someone can point me to the solution installing the GUI:

Here is a part of the error which appears with "make all"-command

Code: Select all

g++ -o hxcfloppyemulator    main.o utils.o main_gui.o msg_txt.o about_gui.o batch_converter_window.o floppy_dump_window.o floppy_infos_window.o license_gui.o log.o rawfile_loader_window.o sdhxcfecfg_window.o usbhxcfecfg_window.o cb_batch_converter_window.o cb_floppy_dump_window.o cb_floppy_infos_window.o cb_rawfile_loader_window.o cb_sdhxcfecfg_window.o cb_usbhxcfecfg_window.o cb_filesystem_generator_window.o filesystem_generator_window.o cb_edittool_window.o edittool_window.o microintro.o lzw.o pack.o rle.o hxcmod.o loader.o soft_cfg_file.o fileselector.o ../sources/thirdpartylibs/fltk/fltk-1.3.x/lib/libfltk.a ../sources/thirdpartylibs/fltk/fltk-1.3.x/lib/libfltk_images.a libhxcfe.so libusbhxcfe.so ../../../build/libhxcadaptor.a -lc -lm  -ldl  -lpthread -Wl,-rpath=. -lX11
/usr/bin/ld: ../sources/thirdpartylibs/fltk/fltk-1.3.x/lib/libfltk.a(Fl.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 against `.bss._ZL13first_timeout' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

mcguire2 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 1:32 pm
Edit: I have found here same problem on ARM instead of AMD64 (my installation). A comment says "You need to do some apt-get to get the X11 devel library + some other stuff (i don't remember exactly which one.)" and that solved the problem.
So the issue is solved ?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

mcguire2 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 1:17 am
Hello,

I tried to do convert an adf-file to an hfe-file but i failed with this command:

hxcfe -finput:tbl_eon_party_ver_disk1.adf -foutput:tbl_eon_party_ver_disk1.adf.hfe conv:HXC_HFE
The '-' is missing before "conv".

The command should be :

hxcfe -finput:tbl_eon_party_ver_disk1.adf -foutput:tbl_eon_party_ver_disk1.adf.hfe -conv:HXC_HFE

mcguire2

Post by mcguire2 »

Great thanks, Jeff. The hiven was missing. Now I could convert successfully. Solved