HxC floppy emulator on Debeg 3646 terminal (TT3606)

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
RobertAngevare

HxC floppy emulator on Debeg 3646 terminal (TT3606)

Post by RobertAngevare »

Goodafternoon all,

Hopefully someone can help me out with this unit/problem.

Following is ongoing:
I have a Gmdss terminal from SAM Electronics Debeg 3646, same as the Thrane & Thrane tt3606, on board of my vessel.
Now the floppydrive was giving lots of error after all those years, so I ordered the Hxc Floppy Drive Emulator ZIF slim case.
Old floppydrive was a Mitsumi Model D353G
After placing the unit inside, and uploading the hfe file from Thrane & Thrane, unit was giving the next error: Drive not ready.

After some experimenting I found out that I need to have de CFG file also, took the one from the example of PC 1.44MB, and also the DSKAXXXX.hfe files from this map, and the unit is now ready and reading the drive. I also can view files and safe.

But, when i am going to make a new logfile from the unit, i get a CRC error on the drive.

Hopefully you can understand what my problem is, and hopefully someone has a clue what to due.

I will also add the Startup.hfe from sailor, witch was orginally on the card i had.

Hopefully someone can help...

With kind regards,

Robert Angevare
Attachments
STARTUP.zip
(61.49 KiB) Downloaded 575 times

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: HxC floppy emulator on Debeg 3646 terminal (TT3606)

Post by Jeff »

Which HxC drive it is ? Which Sdcard are you using ? And can you show me the log with the crc error message ?

RobertAngevare

Post by RobertAngevare »

CRC error is now solved, problem was with the SDcard.

But now, when i make a new disk for s/w update, it is not reading correctly from the sdcard.

With the floppydrive, i could just extract it to the floppy, but when i place the extracted floppy files in a dska0000.hfe file, the system is not updating...

It giving invalid system disk..

Any ideas?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Which HxC drive it is ? And which tool(s) are you using ?