TRS-80 Model 1/CoCo Drive Select Lines

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others computers...
Questarian

TRS-80 Model 1/CoCo Drive Select Lines

Post by Questarian »

I'm looking to put together several HxC drive in a casing so I can have a four drive array I can use with my TRS-80 Model 1 and Color Computer's. From the pinout in the HxC manual, the drive select lines appear to be 10,12,14,16, while the pinout for the two TRS machines are 10,12,14,32. I'm not sure if the HxC does any pin reconfiguration, so I'm assuming I have move line 16 on the HxC side to pin 32 on the drive side to get the 4th drive to select.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: TRS-80 Model 1/CoCo Drive Select Lines

Post by Jeff »

Questarian wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:57 am
I'm looking to put together several HxC drive in a casing so I can have a four drive array I can use with my TRS-80 Model 1 and Color Computer's. From the pinout in the HxC manual, the drive select lines appear to be 10,12,14,16, while the pinout for the two TRS machines are 10,12,14,32. I'm not sure if the HxC does any pin reconfiguration, so I'm assuming I have move line 16 on the HxC side to pin 32 on the drive side to get the 4th drive to select.
If you want to redirect the pin 32 select signal to the HxC you will have to add a wire.

btw the hxc can emulate up to 2 drives (not four).

Questarian

Re: TRS-80 Model 1/CoCo Drive Select Lines

Post by Questarian »

Jeff wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:42 am

If you want to redirect the pin 32 select signal to the HxC you will have to add a wire.

btw the hxc can emulate up to 2 drives (not four).
I've seen a number of supposed HxC pinouts for cabling to different devices so I wasn't sure if the one in the manual the standard pinout, or if the HxC pin reconfigures as was hinted at in a couple old posts on some forums I ran into... it's a bit confusing.

I was aware of 2 drive per limit, which is why I put two HxC's in the old full height drive enclosure.