Hxc2001 in CNC-6 Excellon

geuzebio

Hxc2001 in CNC-6 Excellon

Post by geuzebio »

Hello

I bought a hxc2001 Rev.C to use in CNC-6 Excellon. The device access SD card, it shows "RA", the LEDs shine, but the track does not advance, stay in T 000/080. I'm thinking that my HXCSDFE.CFG file is wrong. I've tried all options available in "Disk Images". Anyone have some help/tip for me? The device works perfectly on the PC. The original floppy is a 3.5 "DD (720 kb) and the same cable there is a hxc2001 and another floppy.

Thanks so much

Gustavo
Sao Paulo - Brazil

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Hxc2001 in CNC-6 Excellon

Post by Jeff »

geuzebio wrote:Hello

I bought a hxc2001 Rev.C to use in CNC-6 Excellon. The device access SD card, it shows "RA", the LEDs shine, but the track does not advance, stay in T 000/080. I'm thinking that my HXCSDFE.CFG file is wrong. I've tried all options available in "Disk Images". Anyone have some help/tip for me? The device works perfectly on the PC. The original floppy is a 3.5 "DD (720 kb) and the same cable there is a hxc2001 and another floppy.

Thanks so much

Gustavo
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Hi,

Do you have some disk images ?

geuzebio

Post by geuzebio »

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I don´t need a software disk image (yet). Only I need is a free disk space, that could be formatted under CNC software. But I don´t know the parameters like tracks, sectors, rpm to make a .CFG.

All tips are welcome.

Gustavo

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Hi,

I have just added the CNC6 disk images in the quick install archive :
https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_driv ... Images.zip

You have just to unpack them on the sdcard.

geuzebio

Post by geuzebio »

Great Jeff ! Perfect, it works fine. Thanks a lot !!! One more question: is it possible to emulate 2 floppy drives and each one access a different HFE file ? When I have time, I'll make a video and post in youtube.

Gustavo

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

geuzebio wrote:Great Jeff ! Perfect, it works fine. Thanks a lot !!! One more question: is it possible to emulate 2 floppy drives and each one access a different HFE file ? When I have time, I'll make a video and post in youtube.

Gustavo
thanks for the video.

Yes you can select another HFE.

Once you have selected the first HFE, press select until a menu appear, then select the other drive (B) and choose another HFE file.

geuzebio

Post by geuzebio »

Thanks again, all ok now. Video of machine Excellon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-dvZMn96So

Gustavo

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

geuzebio wrote:Thanks again, all ok now. Video of machine Excellon:

Gustavo
Thanks ! :D

andykovrov

Post by andykovrov »

Hi !
It beautifully and interestingly. But it is not clear, - how to add drilling part program files to Excellon_CNC6_Empty.hfe. ???

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

andykovrov wrote:Hi !
It beautifully and interestingly. But it is not clear, - how to add drilling part program files to Excellon_CNC6_Empty.hfe. ???
As before : you save them on the virtual disk.

andykovrov

Post by andykovrov »

Hi Jeff.
If you hint at something concrete that better to give the reference to the description of algorithm leading to concrete positive result.

:shock: :?:

Ramesh

Post by Ramesh »

Jeff wrote:
geuzebio wrote:Thanks again, all ok now. Video of machine Excellon:

Gustavo
Thanks ! :D
can you guide on on how to setup Gotek USB stick emulator to Excellon CNC-6 controller? i have a very rough idea from conversations, a detailed guideline will help me to set things successfully

Ramesh

Post by Ramesh »

used indexed mode config file HXCSDFE.CFG followed by -- renaming “Excellon_CNC6_SysSoft.hfe” as DSKA0000.HFE and -- renaming “Excellon_CNC6_Empty.hfe” as DSKA0001.HFE -- loaded in to a fat32 usb drive -- successfully booted via 1st drive connector by setting jumper to drive 0 in emulator -- successfully booted via 2nd drive connector by setting jumper as drive 1 in emulator -- thanks to HxC, Jean-Francois DEL NERO.

IN ORDER TO COMPLETE THE PROCESS, see my remarks, issues and the need to fulfil this PROJECT..
The complete file listing is given in the attached Excel file and also mentioned the files missing or extras in colours with remarks. (STATUS_1.XLSX)
Our CNC is a Drilling cum Routing type of machine
XMODEM utility is MISSING for communicating between computer and controller utility in the system image
Not able to save file in the emulator pen drive via CNC controller; which is required to transfer NC drill files from computer if XMODEM works
Not able to execute initialise or copy or backup to 2nd drive when we tried to backup the entire system image or just XMODEM utility
Could not mount 2nd drive successfully by using emulator as single drive replacing both drives; I used DSKA0001.HFE DSKA0002.HFE… etc.. renamed from empty.hfe file
XMODEM IS REQUIRED TO TALK BETWEEN CONTROLLER AND COMPUTER
HOW TO MOUNT THE 2ND DRIVE WITHIN PEN DRIVE IF I USE EMULATOR AS BOOT DEVICE (already tried like above);
After mounting will I be able to write on the same?
Able to use Emulator as 2nd drive with 1st floppy drive as boot; but could format only one side unlike floppy
Any write protection method is required to keep the system image safe.?
IF I CAN CAPTURE THE IMAGE OF FLOPPY USING EMULATOR SOFTWARE; THEN WHAT ARE THE PARAMETERS I SHOULD GIVE FOR CAPTURING AND WRITING; I tried doing it, but it takes more than 3 MB in the image file export;
ANY HELP? PLEASE REPLY IN THIS FORUM OR mail me to ramesh@bacipl.com

Ramesh

Post by Ramesh »

After several attempts using various parameters the Gotek USB-Floppy Emulator is successfully installed in Excellon CNC-6 controller. This emulator was enabled to this setup only after updating to HxC firmware. Thanks a lot to Jeff for his excellent support. Without his support this would not have been possible. Thanks Jeff.
Will update with step by step procedure soon about this setup. in the mean time sharing the success video, see the link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-BU9R4sJds

marcio ex

Post by marcio ex »

Hello
we are trying to install the emulator on cnc 6 and I am not getting it.
Friends, please, can you help me ...