The manual was moved to this page :
Please follow up the link to find the up-to-date manual.
The HxC Floppy Emulator firmware for Gotek is the enhanced firmware for the Gotek Floppy Emulators replacing floppy disk drives on old computers, keyboards/samplers/synths and CNC machines to use modern USB sticks instead of the old floppy disks.
The HxC Floppy Emulator firmware add to the Gotek floppy emulators new features, new user interfaces, new floppy disk formats support, new machines support and new floppy image types support !
Here is a non-exhaustive list of features brought by the HxC Floppy Emulator firmware for Gotek :
- Hundreds of computers, keyboards/samplers/synths and CNC machines supported ! : See the non-exhaustive machines list !
- 3", 3"1/2, 5"1/4, 8" disks supported...
- Single and Double sided disks supported.
- FM / SD, MFM / DD or HD densities supported.
- Bitrate : 125Kb/s, 250Kb/s, 300Kb/s, 500Kb/s...
- All RPM supported : 300 RPM, 360 RPM, 600 RPM...
- All sector sizes supported : 128/256/512/1024/2048/4096 Bytes...Mixed sizes supported !
- All track skew and sector interleaving supported.
- Up to 255 tracks per disk supported.
- QuickDisk emulation supported !
- Special : Copy protections, Variable bitrate, weakbits and special formats supported.
- (With LCD/OLED/OSD) : USB stick browser to select the file image to load. Folders/Subfolders supported.
- Mount USB Stick's folder as a FAT/DOS compatible floppy disk ! (NEW ! fw version >= v22.214.171.124a)
- *.HFE (v1 & v3), *.ADF, *.ST, *.DSK, EDSK, *.IMG, *.IMA, *.W30 and many others file image formats directly supported ! See the complete list.
True "file config less" mode : Embedded configuration interface/menu.
Compatible with the HxC Direct Access protocol : HxC File selectors and HxCMount supported. AutoSwap supported.
Software and firmware updates !
Firmware customization service ! : Adapt it to your needs !
Extended user support -> For any problem, question or enhancement request don't hesitate to contact us ! :
- Email. (replace .fr by .com)
First Time Bootloader Flashing/Programming process
Firmware update procedure
QuickDisk Emulation instructions
Optional Add-on : I2C SSD1306 / SH1106 128x32 / 128x64 OLED LCD Screen
Optional Add-on : I2C LCD Screen
Optional Add-on : On screen display overlay
Optional Add-on : The "Select"/middle button
Optional Add-on : Buzzer sound output
Optional Add-on : Rotary selector
Contact / Support / Firmware updates & News - Stay tuned !
On this forum !
On the HxC2001 Facebook Group - Please subscribe !
News on Twitter - Please follow !
By Email !
USB STM32 HxC Floppy Emulator firmware for Gotek :
USB STM32 HxC Floppy Emulator firmware for Gotek update: HXCFEUSB_HFE_beta_firmware.zip
Last firmware release notes : USB_HFE_hxc_floppy_emulator_firmware_release_notes.txt
Online Bootloader programmer: STM32_SerialBridge.zip
You can purchase the firmware on this page : https://hxc2001.com/store/
HxC Floppy Emulator Manager/File selector (for Atari ST,Amstrad CPC and Amiga)
PC/Mac/Linux Software :
HxC Floppy Emulator PC/Mac/Linux software: HxCFloppyEmulator_soft.zip
Last release notes : hxcfloppyemulator_soft_release_notes.txt
HxCFloppyEmulator_soft_beta.zip (beta/snapshot version)
SourceForge repository : Softwares & libraires sources
Quick install pack archives :
Contains some installation packs for various machines :
Download page :
The main download page can found there :
HxC 2001 Download page