urgent help needed with usb floppy emulator and amstrad 6128

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amstrad CPC support
xybots

urgent help needed with usb floppy emulator and amstrad 6128

Post by xybots »

hi every one i have just mangaed to get my amstrad 6128 working again, and i have connected my usb floppy emulator to it via a external lead, and it is working as drive a: when i type "cat"

i can read a disk on the usb floppy emulator when running cat, but when trying to load a game it starts loading but then comes up with "drive a read fail"

ive tried a few dsk images and still the same is there any other jupers i have to put on the lead other than 23-24.

thanks for a great emulator board hope i get this working soon on the amstrad.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: urgent help needed with usb floppy emulator and amstrad

Post by Jeff »

xybots wrote:hi every one i have just mangaed to get my amstrad 6128 working again, and i have connected my usb floppy emulator to it via a external lead, and it is working as drive a: when i type "cat"

i can read a disk on the usb floppy emulator when running cat, but when trying to load a game it starts loading but then comes up with "drive a read fail"

ive tried a few dsk images and still the same is there any other jupers i have to put on the lead other than 23-24.

thanks for a great emulator board hope i get this working soon on the amstrad.
Please make a picture of your setup.

xybots

Post by xybots »

hi jeff

thanks for your help this emulator board is awesome it works fine on my amiga atari st and now i want to try and get it working on my amstrad.

i have disconnected the main drive a and it just sits there i have tried loding a dsk in and running it and on the screen it stays there and dosnt load any thing in.

i have tried a new version of the software loader and a old version and still the same happens thanks

any help would be greatful and thanks.

also i have a picture on my laptop but have never put pictures on this forum so not sure how to do it.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

xybots wrote:hi jeff

i have disconnected the main drive a and it just sits there i have tried loding a dsk in and running it and on the screen it stays there and dosnt load any thing in.

if you disconnected the internal disk drive you don't need to add the wire between pin 23&24.

You just have to set the right "Drive ID setting" by choosing "MOTOR ON".

xybots

Post by xybots »

hi jeff thanks for your help so just to clarify i have to go into the settings and click motor on, and horay it works thanks mate you are a star.

my 6128's floppy drives are not working so this floppy emulator saves me grief again.

thanks