no drag-drop in DOS Floppy Disk File Browser

HxC Floppy Emulator on IBM PC and compatible support
niceguy64

no drag-drop in DOS Floppy Disk File Browser

Post by niceguy64 »

I am running an IBM-PC and have tried to drag+drop some files into a loaded image, created by the HxC or by WinImage.

I am using Win 7 professional, 32bit, standard drivers of Microsoft for both floppy controller and drive.
fdraw.sys from Simon Oven properly installed (I can read resp. dump various real flopies correctly).
I am using the latest version of HxC-software (version 2.1.3.0).

But drag+drop doesn´t work with me. No matter whether I am using an .img or .hfe from a dumped real floppy or an .img created by WinImage 9.0 or alike. No other program has access to the drive, no anti-virus-program installed. Basically, it is a fresh new Win7-installation (all updates from MS however).

To the floppy-connector at the mainboard the real floppy (standard 1.44MB) is connected. If I read the content of floppy or of .img in, no failure is observed by any other program

What am I doing wrong?

best regards
niceguy64

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: no drag-drop in DOS Floppy Disk File Browser

Post by Jeff »

Common issue with Win7 and this is not related to the hxc software. this is a user privilege problem.

bcz

Re: no drag-drop in DOS Floppy Disk File Browser

Post by bcz »

I'm facing the exact same problem with a Windows 10 x64 machine. Any suggestions how to solve this issue?