Problem probably using HXCFE_V1_5_1_0.UPD (latest firmware)

HxC Floppy Emulator on Atari ST support
dialek7

Problem probably using HXCFE_V1_5_1_0.UPD (latest firmware)

Post by dialek7 »

Hello,
Since I have updated the firmware using the file HXCFE_V1_5_1_0.UPD, I cannot choose another disk using the onboard panel BUt only the one intioally inserted from Image File Selector app!

The system boots on the Image file selector screen normally (I have installed the AUTOBOOT loader properly following instructions).
I then choose a 2 disk game i.e. Dragon Breath by inserting the disk first disk using the "Insert" key
I press F7 for rebooting.
The disk is loading normally.
When is asking to insert the second disk, I'm going through the attached panel by pressing the most right button but quess what? the only two files I see on screen are:
AUTOBOOT.hfe
Dragon Breed (....disk 1)

Even if I press the middle button to "disengage" the floppy from the drive, still having only those two files

I tried it with several 2 disk games (all converted appropriately with the tool)

Does anyone think that the problem is on the latest firmware (1.5.1.0)?
With the previous firmware I haven't such an issue!

Best
Nick

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Problem probably using HXCFE_V1_5_1_0.UPD (latest firmwa

Post by Jeff »

dialek7 wrote:Hello,
Since I have updated the firmware using the file HXCFE_V1_5_1_0.UPD, I cannot choose another disk using the onboard panel BUt only the one intioally inserted from Image File Selector app!

The system boots on the Image file selector screen normally (I have installed the AUTOBOOT loader properly following instructions).
I then choose a 2 disk game i.e. Dragon Breath by inserting the disk first disk using the "Insert" key
I press F7 for rebooting.
The disk is loading normally.
When is asking to insert the second disk, I'm going through the attached panel by pressing the most right button but quess what? the only two files I see on screen are:
AUTOBOOT.hfe
Dragon Breed (....disk 1)

Even if I press the middle button to "disengage" the floppy from the drive, still having only those two files

I tried it with several 2 disk games (all converted appropriately with the tool)

Does anyone think that the problem is on the latest firmware (1.5.1.0)?
With the previous firmware I haven't such an issue!

Best
Nick
Hi,

I think that this is not a firmware problem. For a multidisk game you need to insert each disk to a slot and press F10 to save and reboot the computer.

dialek7

Post by dialek7 »

Oh! I thought we insert a disk image by pressing the "INSERT" key, and then by pressing the F7 the system will save and reboot and then automaticaly load the disk insterted.
Ok, I'll follow the procedure you wrote.
Thanks Jef! :D

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

dialek7 wrote:Oh! I thought we insert a disk image by pressing the "INSERT" key, and then by pressing the F7 the system will save and reboot and then automaticaly load the disk insterted.
Ok, I'll follow the procedure you wrote.
Thanks Jef! :D
Don't hesitate to press the "Help" Key ;-)

dialek7

Post by dialek7 »

I did Jef, I did. :wink:
I just got too excited with this awesome piece of hardware, and I guess I've missed a few features described in the Help menu as I wanted to get going with it fast!
Regards!