Need some help, floppy LED is always on

HxC Floppy Emulator on Atari ST support
telengard

Need some help, floppy LED is always on

Post by telengard »

Been wrestling with this for a few nights. I have a straight through 34 pin floppy cable (no line swap) connected to my Atari ST through a pass through connector I bought from Jameco (I bought a few different ones and they all behave the same). I have pin 1 lined up and no matter how I set jumpers etc the floppy LED stays on so I'm assuming something is not right.

Is there anything else I can try to debug this? It seems pretty straightforward as I can see the pin1 red markings and everything for the most part is keyed. I've followed all of the recommendations in the manual.

~telengard

N-Ed

Re: Need some help, floppy LED is always on

Post by N-Ed »

Maybe stupid advice, but have you tried to change the connection(turn cable 180 degrees) to the mobo?

telengard

Post by telengard »

N-Ed wrote:Maybe stupid advice, but have you tried to change the connection(turn cable 180 degrees) to the mobo?
Hi there,

I did, yes. At the only point that wasn't keyed. The Atari ST floppy connection into the pass through. The floppy LED did go off, but nothing seemed to work so I assumed it was not right. At no point did the LED go on when booting the ST.

thanks,
~telengard

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

telengard wrote:
N-Ed wrote:Maybe stupid advice, but have you tried to change the connection(turn cable 180 degrees) to the mobo?
Hi there,

I did, yes. At the only point that wasn't keyed. The Atari ST floppy connection into the pass through. The floppy LED did go off, but nothing seemed to work so I assumed it was not right. At no point did the LED go on when booting the ST.
As stated in the manual if the led is always on this probably mean that the floppy cable is reverted .

With the floppy cable in the right side (The "led off" state) change the jumper setting.
More details in the user manual:
https://hxc2001.com/floppy_drive_emulat ... Manual.pdf