HxC SD - Atari 1040STE TOS 2.06 - AUTOBOOT Error 6

HxC Floppy Emulator on Atari ST support
HeinzSchmidt

HxC SD - Atari 1040STE TOS 2.06 - AUTOBOOT Error 6

Post by HeinzSchmidt »

Hi,

I'm quite new to HxC so let me start by saying thank you for this nice piece of technology!

Recently I had the chance to test HxC SD with a number of Atari ST series of systems. It really worked well with most of the systems and TOS versions.

Only exception is the Atari 1040STE running TOS 2.06. On this machine AUTOBOOT.HFE started up but stopped with Error 6. The images stored on the SD card were not displayed, no action was possible. The exact same system, SD card and setup worked well when I switched the STE back to TOS 1.62.

This unfortunately means that AUTOBOOT is not usable with TOS 2.06 which kills half the fun of the HxC SD.

I tested this scenario with Firmware 1.3.0.4 and 1.5.1.0 both delivering the same result. I know of two other guys who experience the exact same problem with their 1040STEs + TOS 2.06 + HxC SD.

Are there any chances this gets fixed? Or are there any users out there who successfully use AUTOBOOT with TOS 2.06?

Kind regards
Heinz Schmidt

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: HxC SD - Atari 1040STE TOS 2.06 - AUTOBOOT Error 6

Post by Jeff »

HeinzSchmidt wrote:Hi,

I'm quite new to HxC so let me start by saying thank you for this nice piece of technology!

Recently I had the chance to test HxC SD with a number of Atari ST series of systems. It really worked well with most of the systems and TOS versions.

Only exception is the Atari 1040STE running TOS 2.06. On this machine AUTOBOOT.HFE started up but stopped with Error 6. The images stored on the SD card were not displayed, no action was possible. The exact same system, SD card and setup worked well when I switched the STE back to TOS 1.62.

This unfortunately means that AUTOBOOT is not usable with TOS 2.06 which kills half the fun of the HxC SD.

I tested this scenario with Firmware 1.3.0.4 and 1.5.1.0 both delivering the same result. I know of two other guys who experience the exact same problem with their 1040STEs + TOS 2.06 + HxC SD.

Are there any chances this gets fixed? Or are there any users out there who successfully use AUTOBOOT with TOS 2.06?

Kind regards
Heinz Schmidt

Yes i will fix this asap.

HeinzSchmidt

Post by HeinzSchmidt »

Hi Jeff,
Jeff wrote: Yes i will fix this asap.
sounds great. So you already know the root of the problem?

Kind regards
Heinz Schmidt

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

HeinzSchmidt wrote:Hi Jeff,
Jeff wrote: Yes i will fix this asap.
sounds great. So you already know the root of the problem?

Kind regards
Heinz Schmidt
I believe : The software go to the track 255 by using TOS floppy functions.
In 2.06 it seems that this is not possible anymore. (probably a max track set to 80... i have to check this).
I will have to send some command directly to the FDC ;-)