Atari STE OSD

HxC Floppy Emulator on Atari ST support
DeckerZ

Atari STE OSD

Post by DeckerZ »

I would love to have my Gotek connected internally to my Atari STE and show OSD for my floppy image selections.

I have been reading around both on the forums and Facebook but can't seem to find the connection points.

I read I needed custom firmware and I have done as best as I could as it looks like quite a complicated form to get the correct options. However, it also said it is a three-wire connection, though I cannot find where the three wires are connected on the Atari motherboard.

Any suggestions from someone that has done it and got it working.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Atari STE OSD

Post by Jeff »

DeckerZ wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:41 am
I would love to have my Gotek connected internally to my Atari STE and show OSD for my floppy image selections.

I have been reading around both on the forums and Facebook but can't seem to find the connection points.

I read I needed custom firmware and I have done as best as I could as it looks like quite a complicated form to get the correct options. However, it also said it is a three-wire connection, though I cannot find where the three wires are connected on the Atari motherboard.

Any suggestions from someone that has done it and got it working.
The OSD documentation is available there :

https://hxc2001.com/docs/gotek-floppy-e ... splay.html

The STE has the CSYNC signal so you only need 2 wires (the video signal and the composite sync signal).
You can use the pre-built OSD firmware available in the the HxC firmware archive.

If you have an STE with the RF modulator you can find the CSYNC signal on U211 at the pin 6 :
HxC_OSD_Atari_STE_Modulator.jpg
HxC_OSD_Atari_STE_Modulator.jpg (107.5 KiB) Viewed 2407 times

DeckerZ

Re: Atari STE OSD

Post by DeckerZ »

Thanks Jeff, I followed the guide and connected my Gotek and now I have my OSD working.