Atari STE sees the gotek as two drives (both A: and B:)

HxC Floppy Emulator on Atari ST support
jos.bol

Atari STE sees the gotek as two drives (both A: and B:)

Post by jos.bol »

Hi,

I flashed a Gotek with the hxc firmware, around march last year. It shows up on my Atari STE as both drive A: and B: and responds to both. I never gave this behaviour much thought, but now I would like to put back the original drive as A: and mount the gotek internally as B: Is there a way to let it behave as only one drive so I can use it together with the original one? The gotek only has jumper S0 set.

I'm aware I'll have to swap out the floppy cable btw.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Atari STE sees the gotek as two drives (both A: and B:)

Post by Jeff »

How behaves the green led ?

jos.bol

Post by jos.bol »

Hi Jeff,

When trying to open the B: drive, it asks to insert disk B in drive A: and only after confirming, it actually reads the disk. When switching to A: it asks to insert disk A in drive A: and acesses the disk after confirming. So my guess that in practice the gotek really only responds to A: and not the both A: and B: :oops:

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

jos.bol wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:27 pm
Hi Jeff,

When trying to open the B: drive, it asks to insert disk B in drive A: and only after confirming, it actually reads the disk. When switching to A: it asks to insert disk A in drive A: and acesses the disk after confirming. So my guess that in practice the gotek really only responds to A: and not the both A: and B: :oops:
Yes this appears to me completely normal : With a real disk drive you have exactly the same thing. :wink: