Driver version FTDI 2.12.28.0 Driver date 16/08/2017 on COM PORT 3
HxCFloppyEmulator v2.1.24.1
Atari1040STE 4MB
TOS 1.62
Internal GoTek drive FlashCopy firmware with
HxCFloppyEmulator Manager v1.46
HXCFE_file_selector_V1_89
External CUSB - USB Floppy emulator
Drive Select Swap Mod (for swapping between CUSB - USB Floppy emulator/ Internal GoTek drive as A/B and B/A)

I'm using a USB PORT 3.0
USB Serial Port is on (COM3)

I'm just wondering which are best and most reliable settings i should be using on Port Settings and under Advanced Settings?

Also are their any best or most reliable settings i should be using when loading STX/ST/MSA files

Another question about loading STX/ST/MSA files should i load these files first from HxCFloppyEmulator v2.1.24.1 then turn on the Atari1040STE or turn on the Atari1040STE first then load from HxCFloppyEmulator v2.1.24.1 it's not clear?

One last question how do i convert STX/ST/MSA to HFE it's not something i undertand how to do

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: CUSB - USB Floppy emulator advice and support please

Post by Jeff »

Have you a paid HxC hardware or HxC firmware ?
If you don't have, i am sorry to say that i don't provide support for the competitors, or at least not for free ;)

Midge_the_Mouse

Post by Midge_the_Mouse »

I have paid for CUSB - USB Floppy emulator hardware you could hardly call FlashCopy competition :D it came with the GoTek drive when i bought STE on eBay
I plan on using HxC firmware on the GoTek drive at a later point when i have funds

Anyway my questions were specific to the CUSB - USB Floppy emulator hardware that i paid for from Lotharek's Lair

I listed as much useful information in my setup in case their was a problem

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Just use the default settings.
And : There is no use to convert to HFE with the USB HxC Floppy emulator.

Midge_the_Mouse

Okay thanks for your help anyway i worked out how too convert STX/MSA to HFE files
If you don't mind me saying i think the manual could do with update some parts were not very clear
Another useful feature would be to include some example wiring lays out for other system that want to use the CUSB - USB Floppy emulator as a external drive

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Midge_the_Mouse wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:21 pm
Okay thanks for your help anyway i worked out how too convert STX/MSA to HFE files
If you don't mind me saying i think the manual could do with update some parts were not very clear
Another useful feature would be to include some example wiring lays out for other system that want to use the CUSB - USB Floppy emulator as a external drive
Sorry but i still don't understand why you are converting to HFE with the HxC USB Floppy Emulator... : this is totaly useless since all these files are directly supported.

Midge_the_Mouse

Because some Atari ST games are only in STX format and i cant' read those with GoTek and FlashFloppy it's then easier to convert to HFE format
Sometimes i don't want to be hand cuffed to the PC and CUSB - USB Floppy emulator it's then easier to convert for FlashFloppy to read those files
I'm going to purchase HxC firmware but not right now as money is tight at the moment

Also i have a few questions i understand STX files only have partial support
Do IPF files for the Amiga have full support or is that only partial too?
Will their ever be specific firmware updates for the CUSB - USB Floppy emulator or improvements for STX files?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Ok.

The STX itself is a bad format : Converting it to floppy media may or may not work (half of the necessary information is not present in these files...).
So yes IPF is better at this point.

But as i wrote in my first response i don't provide any support for anything else than HxC HW and Firmware, so no further support for the moment.