Gotek as external on Atari 520STFM

HxC Floppy Emulator on Atari ST support
ngtwolf

Gotek as external on Atari 520STFM

Post by ngtwolf »

Hi All,

I currently set up the Gotek in an external drive case and have my regular internal floppy drive. I've done the switch mod as detailed just about everywhere, the one where you snip the pins on the yamaha chip and connect the switch. With it switched the one way, internal is A and external gotek is B.. everything works fine. Switched the other way, it knows that the gotek is A and the internal drive is B, and HXC program boots up. However, upon bootup, I get the infamous 'LBA CHANGE TEST FAILED! Write Issue?' message. If I physically put the Gotek internally it's all good and I can program some slots. As well, after programming those slots and moving the gotek back as the external drive, if I switch to those they boot up and run those disks fine. Obviously I can just do this in indexed mode and not deal with all this, but I'd like to do the autoboot method.

Currently using the hxc firmware 3.1.30.2a (had earlier version but tried this to see if it made a difference, it did not) and emulator v1.85a.

As stated, it's only the hxc autoboot software that seems to be having an issue, everything else seems to work fine.

Thanks!

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Gotek as external on Atari 520STFM

Post by Jeff »

Bad jumper setting or wiring problem. check the write gate & write data signals.

tzok

Post by tzok »

For Atari ST (and Amiga 500) you only need S0 to be "jumpered". I have done the drive swap by "my way", but I may ensure you that Gotek as an external drive works just fine with the Atari ST. Finally I've installed an OLED display and no longer use autoboot, but it did used to work just fine.

ngtwolf

Post by ngtwolf »

Jeff wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:20 pm
Bad jumper setting or wiring problem. check the write gate & write data signals.
tzok wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:01 pm
For Atari ST (and Amiga 500) you only need S0 to be "jumpered". I have done the drive swap by "my way", but I may ensure you that Gotek as an external drive works just fine with the Atari ST. Finally I've installed an OLED display and no longer use autoboot, but it did used to work just fine.
Thanks for the replies, i got sidetracked on another retro project for a week or so there. I do only have S0 jumpered (I know to not have m0 jumpered as it caused issues). I did trace the wires all the way back to the mainboard, but not beyond that. I guess it could be a motherboard issue but if so, I have to decide how much troubleshooting I want to do on this vs just going the OLED method or moving it internally and dumping the floppy drive.