Atari ST + HXC External connected

HxC Floppy Emulator on Atari ST support
Giants

Atari ST + HXC External connected

Post by Giants »

Blup !

Hi !
I would like confirmation :
Connect a Hxc card (or gotek no mater) on the DIN 14 pin connectors to have a Second Floppy on Atari ST(F) and E
I think, no probleme to do this, just need to build cable, no need chipset like 74ls.

Is they are any body confirm this ?

And I would like to 'Swap' Drive A <>B, so for use External Hxc in 'A' and so, boot on it.
I think, to do this I need some modification IN the Atari and not in the 'external cable'

Same, Is they are any body confirm this ?

thks a lot

Giants

Re: Atari ST + HXC External connected

Post by Giants »

Giants

Post by Giants »

Gotek + Hxc Firmware (Jumper in S0)
Connected in external with 14 Din

tested : Work :)

Original ATari Floppy in internal : A
and
External gotek+hxc fir in external : B, connected with cable

See here the pinout info :
http://atariage.com/forums/uploads/mont ... 613198.png

tzok

Post by tzok »

You can add a switch to swap drives... most mods require bending pins of YM or cutting tracks, but there are jumpers on board to use.

On STF you have W2 and on STE W300. These route either DS1 (2-3) or DS0 (1-2) signal to pin 5 of external floppy connector. The other jumper of your interest is the one on the internal Epson floppy drive. Here you have jumpers for DS0 (default) and DS1. They also have one common pin. So all you need is a 2-circuit (rails) ON-ON switch, to cross-switch the PIN5 signal to be DS1 or DS0, and on the same time the internal drive to react on DS0 or DS1 signal. Great place for a miniature push-switch is above the cartridge connector in a space between cover and shielding.

Image Image
Second switch is a TOS switch (1.62/2.06 as I have an STE).

P.S.
This DIN-14 is really hard to find...