Normal Mode: File order problem ...

HxC Floppy Emulator on Atari ST support
YuT666

Normal Mode: File order problem ...

Post by YuT666 »

Hi,

i'm using a 1040STFM and a Gotek with an OLED, the last HXC firmware and encountered a strange problem.

The "Autoboot Mode" works and the file selector is a great piece of software, but it was time to try the "Normal Mode" due to the OLED display.

There are about 400 games on the stick and i can see the menu on the OLED. I can switch through the games menu, but the order is a bit "strange".

I choosed the "Games" folder, clicked the forward button and there were games with "B", after that one game with the starting letter "V", then it goes back to "A" and after that to "D" and so on. So there is no real alphabetical order, but my games folder contains .hfe files in an aphabetical order.

Never heared of this problem (can't find a similar problem on the net).

So my question is ... what could be wrong? Thanks.

Cheers

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Normal Mode: File order problem ...

Post by Jeff »

YuT666 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:44 am
Hi,

i'm using a 1040STFM and a Gotek with an OLED, the last HXC firmware and encountered a strange problem.

The "Autoboot Mode" works and the file selector is a great piece of software, but it was time to try the "Normal Mode" due to the OLED display.

There are about 400 games on the stick and i can see the menu on the OLED. I can switch through the games menu, but the order is a bit "strange".

I choosed the "Games" folder, clicked the forward button and there were games with "B", after that one game with the starting letter "V", then it goes back to "A" and after that to "D" and so on. So there is no real alphabetical order, but my games folder contains .hfe files in an aphabetical order.

Never heared of this problem (can't find a similar problem on the net).

So my question is ... what could be wrong? Thanks.

Cheers
This is a very common "issue" with small embedded system devices. The normal mode actually use the FAT table order, not the alphabetical order.
To workaround it there are some tools. Search for "fat sorter" on google.

Here is one :
http://www.anerty.net/software/file/DriveSort/?lang=en

YuT666

Re: Normal Mode: File order problem ...

Post by YuT666 »

Ok, i forgot the fat order ...

Thanks for the hint.

I used the tool "FAT sorter" and it works ...