HxC display stuck on "000", not working with STe

HxC Floppy Emulator on Atari ST support
BHOBuds_dot_com

HxC display stuck on "000", not working with STe

Post by BHOBuds_dot_com »

Hi guys, i am trying to get my GOTEK HXC to work on my Atari STe 1040, I have successfully installed many GOTEK HXC on various instruments and an Amiga so i did not think i would be having so much trouble.

However no matter what I do the HXC display is stuck on "hXc" or "000" with either Autoboot or Indexed CFG file. IF it shows "000" i can not change to other disks though, the buttons do nothing. This has never happened to me before? Do i need to reinstall the HXC firmware?

I have tried no jumpers, jumper on S0 only, jumper on S0 and M0, floppy cable flipped both ways, 3 different usb drives (one 2.0, two 3.0)

Any suggestions on what i can do? The drive is flashed with the latest 3.0.8.2a.

Thanks in advance.

With AUTOBOOT cfg - I can open this folder but no others

With INDEXED cfg - I can't open anything
Picture of current drive config
Last edited by BHOBuds_dot_com on Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: HxC display stuck on "000", not working with STe

Post by Jeff »

It is "stuck" at "000" probably because you are in file selector mode and you don't have selected any other image with the file selector.
If you restart the ST at "000", the file selector/autoboot.hfe should automatically start. Is it the case ?
The first picture is normal since the ST autoboot.hfe have currently no file system. It is a bootable disk.
(the right jumper setting is "S0")

BHOBuds_dot_com

Post by BHOBuds_dot_com »

Jeff wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:00 am
It is "stuck" at "000" probably because you are in file selector mode and you don't have selected any other image with the file selector.
If you restart the ST at "000", the file selector/autoboot.hfe should automatically start. Is it the case ?
The first picture is normal since the ST autoboot.hfe have currently no file system. It is a bootable disk.
(the right jumper setting is "S0")
Can't really explain it, because I was sure I had the indexed mode CFG and never had any luck. I could get the autoboot to work with the autoboot CFG, but i had other blank disks on the USB drive.

Eventually I tried a 3rd different USB drive, formatted it, and it all worked. The other 2 drives don't work no matter how many times I format them, even though one of them is what I loaded the HXC firmware from.
I'm now using it in Indexed mode without any problems. Jumper at S0, same as pictured.

Thanks for responding, i figured it would eventually work since autoboot could work.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Anyway you should try the last firmware version. yours is quite old now ;)