Slim emulator works fine in Mega ST but not in TT?

HxC Floppy Emulator on Atari ST support
gogsymac

Slim emulator works fine in Mega ST but not in TT?

Post by gogsymac »

I have a slim floppy emulator Rev F and I am having problems setting it up to work with my TT.

I have set up the SD card as per the instructions and it works fine with a Mega ST which I have but will just not boot up with the TT.
On the TT with the autoboot file on the card it starts to boot up but when it reaches the ST card manager it just freezes with the message displayed "LBA Change Test Failed ! Write Issue ? I am not sure what that means.

If the autoboot is disabled then the computer boots up OK but when you try and access Drive A it doesn't recognise any disc there. Once or twice Drive A has worked in that it does read the card and opens a window but the names of the files are all corrupted. Mostly it just doesn't work at all.

I have tried altering the DIP switches on the card but nothing I do seems to work.

It works OK on the Mega so I am assuming the the problem is peculiar to the TT. Can anyone help with this?

DjCook

Re: Slim emulator works fine in Mega ST but not in TT?

Post by DjCook »

How do You have wired Your floppy emulator, external or internal?
it may be that the problem is in file file manager, since i have exacly the same problem with my STE Atari computer. not working with autoboot.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Slim emulator works fine in Mega ST but not in TT?

Post by Jeff »

DjCook wrote:How do You have wired Your floppy emulator, external or internal?
it may be that the problem is in file file manager, since i have exacly the same problem with my STE Atari computer. not working with autoboot.
Try with the latest version :
https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_driv ... anager.zip