Atari 1040 STf unable to load HXC Converted floppy img files

HxC Floppy Emulator on Atari ST support
SpaceJam

Atari 1040 STf unable to load HXC Converted floppy img files

Post by SpaceJam »

Hi,

I have been using the HXC SD Floppy Emulator for a week now, and it's been working perfectly fine. I wasn't using autoboot but just selected my converted floppy files with the buttons on the Emulator. Yet a couple days ago, the file i was booting (Cubase) crashed on me wile loading, got a couple bombs and i reset my atari. After that i wasn't able to get to my files anymore, the Atari would access Drive A yet there seemed to be no files in the img i selected showing me "0 bytes used in 0 items", also the Emulator doesn't make the accessing sounds it used to when reading the drive. The screen of the emulator shows me nothing out of the ordinary, "T:000/080 S:0''. I have tried the following things: Reformatted the SD card (from the fastest to the slowest settings), put a fresh .CFG file on, tried Autoboot also with the right .CFG file, made new floppy images from the original Atari files with the HXC application, connected the Emulator with the ribbon cable the other way around and back, put a Firmware Update on the Emulator and i have tried multiple different SD cards, but still it's showing me a seemingly blank floppy image.

Any thoughts on the issue?

Thanks,
SpaceJAM

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Atari 1040 STf unable to load HXC Converted floppy img f

Post by Jeff »

This seems to be an issue with your machine.
Can you try the emulator with another hardware ?

SpaceJam

Re: Atari 1040 STf unable to load HXC Converted floppy img f

Post by SpaceJam »

Thanks for the reply,
I have 3 Akai samplers, but i don't have the resistor mod so i don't think i can check if it works on another system.
I will put the original floppy disk reader in tomorrow and check back if that still works.