Amiga 1000 OSD - no display?

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
Craziazkowboi

Amiga 1000 OSD - no display?

Post by Craziazkowboi »

Hi,

I am using an Amiga 1000 and I have made the OSD mod, which required checking the schematics to find the right pins for my PAL Amiga 1000. The GREEN wire, I connected to R24 with a 470 Ohm resistor in series, but I cannot get anything to display, and am asking for help please?

I also have a piezo buzzer on my GOTEK, which givens me an audio clue as well as the LED on whether it is being read. Using the OSD firmware I do not see the LED or audio reading anything. Using the normal firmware and OLED display does work. My GOTEK is an AT4.35, and it is correctly wire up per the picture on the OSD webpage from the HxC site. I have checked my wiring with a multimedia and can confirm I do have continuity to the ARTERY chip.

CSYNC I take from U6A

I have successfully updated my firmware to the v5 firmware (HxCFEUSB_V5_0_2_11a.UPD from the:
"../HXCFEUSB_Gotek_HxC_firmware/Artery_AT32_Gotek_HxC_Firmware/v5.x.x.x” directory in the latest zip file available on the HxC website.

I can use the HxCFloppyEmulator software for Mac to write a new HXCSDFE.CFG file, and I have converted 1 ADF file to use for testing called "9 Fingers (Disk 1 of 2)_adf.hfe”

I have also copied over the AUTOBOOT.HFE file from

“.../HXCFEUSB_Gotek_HxC_firmware/File_Selector/Amiga”

And this also works successfully thank you. However the OSD add-on I cannot get to do anything yet.

If I flash my GOTEK with “.../HXCFEUSB_Gotek_HxC_firmware/Artery_AT32_Gotek_HxC_Firmware/v5.x.x.xHxCFEUSB_V5_0_2_11a_OSD.UPD” My OLED screen does not turn on, but I also do not get anything coming up on my 1081 CRT monitor (which is connected from the RGB out to SCART on the 1081).

I also tried the “.../HXCFEUSB_Gotek_HxC_firmware/On_Screen_Display_Firmware/HxCFEUSB_V3_8_3_1a_OSD.UPD”, with the same result.

Is there something I need to press to make the display come up? Or do I need to Wire GREEN to a chip, somewhere earlier in the hardware chain, rather than on the output? The Amiga 1000 does not have the ferrite you have in the A500 picture, and I assumed that as long as I connected to Green somewhere, it would work?

I also could not find anything in the Forum or in the manual that says how to turn the OSD on?

Thanks for any help!

Dwight.

Craziazkowboi

Re: Amiga 1000 OSD - no display?

Post by Craziazkowboi »

OK, the answer is that unless you have an STM32 GOTEK drive, this feature has not been implemented yet. I wish the manual pages were updated as I spent an entire day performing the mod and repairing my GOTEK board due to an iron that was too hot. Could have been avoided if the pages just said - not compatible with AT4.35. Not a complaint, just a thought.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Yes, i should add that the AT32F435 OSD support is not completed yet/Work in progress on the online documentation.
The AT4.35 is a new Gotek with a powerful MCU, but i need to change/update the low level stuff to make the OSD working on this new target.
(All others features are working fine)

For your information the current documentation and firmware issues are related to the Covid crisis and the Electronic parts shortages :
In 2021/2022 The Gotek hardware was changed at least 6 times. The original MCU STM32 was replaced by different MCU and of course this needed some important software changes. I have fixed most of the impacted features but the OSD is the last one i need to fix on this new Gotek.
I apologize for this.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

I have finally added the AT32F435 OSD support :
20230101_143800.jpg
20230101_143800.jpg (156.37 KiB) Viewed 2576 times
Attached the beta firmware (for AT4.35 (AT32F435) Goteks)

Happy New Year ! :)
Attachments
HxCUSBFE.UPD
(90.5 KiB) Downloaded 60 times