Amiga 2000 Dual Floppy Setup (HxC and Existing Physical Drive)

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
jazza

Amiga 2000 Dual Floppy Setup (HxC and Existing Physical Drive)

Post by jazza »

HI,

I recently purchased a A2000 which had a single physical 3.5inch drive. I wanted to add a virtual floppy device and decided to get a SD Card HxC REV C Floppy Emulator from AmigaStore.eu as I have had a few of them in the past for my Amiga 500s and they all work nicely.

The Amiga came with a cable that seems to run straight through with the exception of pins 4 and 6 which are reversed (i.e 4->6; 6 -> 4). I have read other threads but could not make much sense out of it but I am assuming I do not have the "twisted" cable. With that in mind I have set the jumper on the HxC2001 as ID0 or ID1 depending on what the drive is set as. Both drive do not appear to be active (i have jumper 301 shorted on the amiga 2000 motherboard).

I have a Chinon drive model number FB-354. I have attempted to set the jumpers (there are 6 headers on this model) on both the bottom left (DS0) and bottom right (DS1) with the same results.

I have attempted to use the latest 1.8.7.1a and the beta 1.8.8.1a firmware with the device but I am unable to still see both devices appear in the OS that i am running. I also disabled Drive B to see if this could be conflicting with the device. At the moment I am lost with how this should be configued.

Does anyone have any insights on how this is setup?

jazza

Re: Amiga 2000 Dual Floppy Setup (HxC and Existing Physical Drive)

Post by jazza »

Hi,

It turns outs i fixed my own problem

The device i had something weird going on with the configuration. Once i did a clear settings via the devices interface, it all started to work!