Amiga 500 HXC not booting discs

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
Astral

Amiga 500 HXC not booting discs

Post by Astral »

I am setting up a HXC after 10 years :D. It is one of the smaller units. I don't know the revision - not printed on the unit - but I did buy it all those years ago when HXC first came out.

The normal 500 internal drive works A1. Basically when I boot the HXC I am able to select a file (AUTOBOOT or a few .HFE converted floppies), and the unit goes beep, but there is no further obvious Amiga or HXC action. I have formatted the SD and installed and update the latest firmware. I have copied the AUTOBOOT and .CFG file. Oddly the "v3" CFG comes up with "Bad File" or similar. The other CFG in the archive seems to work. Without going back and confirming, these were the on screen software type. I have the jumper set for one drive DF0:. I have tried two different SD cards - both of which work fine in this HXC installed in a 1200, and also in an external (Rev F) drive connected to the 1200.

I have read that certain revisions need a RAM upgrade to work with certain firmware. I have tried multiple firmware including all the way back to 1.2 (or whatever it is). Is the lack of RAM upgrade causing the non boot?

Astral

Re: Amiga 500 HXC not booting discs

Post by Astral »

All sorted. Floppy cable was backwards. I was looking at the "1" for the power pins. Doh!