Text scroll to view the disk i'm loading in the LCD Screen of SD HXC

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
adan2097

Text scroll to view the disk i'm loading in the LCD Screen of SD HXC

Post by adan2097 »

Hello!

I have the SD XHC floppy emulator since a lot of years and works fantastic. Recently I updated the firmware and all works correctly but i have a important question in the usage (I had the same issue with the last firmware):

When I load any disk, through the floppy emulator manager, the name of the selected disk is not scrolling in the LCD screen. Only I see the first part of the name of the file so in this way, when I want to change the disk i don't know what number of disk I'm loading.
How to do it? I checked all options modifiyng the HXCSDFE.CFG through the SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator settings but I'm not able to do it?

Please, could you help me?

PD: I checked if I load the disk directly from the menu of the SD HxC, (Without the manager) then the name of the disk is displayed completely with the scroll to let me see the complete name of the disk I'm loading.

Thanks in advance!

Adán Fernández from Spain

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Text scroll to view the disk i'm loading in the LCD Screen of SD HXC

Post by Jeff »

I don't plan to make the name scrolling during the emulation on this hardware. But what i can easily do is to print the slot number on the second line during 1 second before the effective image load. does this answer to your need ?

The right move would be to move to the HxC v3.X.X.X firmwares behaviour (scroll during the emulation + new config file format storing longer file names) but unfortunately i don't thing this will fit the flash memory on this hardware...

adan2097

Post by adan2097 »

Dear Jeff,

Thanks for your quick answer. I will answer your email below:

I don't plan to make the name scrolling during the emulation on this hardware. But what i can easily do is to print the slot number on the second line during 1 second before the effective image load. does this answer to your need ?

I don't understand exactly.. In this way will appears de slot number below the disk/game name in the display? How you will do it? With a new firmware? It will be an alternative solution of course, in this way, knowing the slot number we will know what number of disk we are loading.. Thanks.

The right move would be to move to the HxC v3.X.X.X firmwares behaviour (scroll during the emulation + new config file format storing longer file names) but unfortunately i don't thing this will fit the flash memory on this hardware...

Yes, I saw this firmware but only works in other hardware, right? With SDCard HxC floppy emulator doesn't work right? I updated the last firmware for the SDCard HxC floppy emulator, if I'm right the 1.8.7.1a right?

Best Regards,

Adán Fernández

adan2097

Post by adan2097 »

Thank you very much Jeff!

I've tested the firmware and works correctly. Now, knowing the slot, we will be able to know the disk we are loading in games with a lot of disks.

Thankss Jeff!

Best regards,

Adán Fernández