Accessing disks in Workbench

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
Danger_man

Accessing disks in Workbench

Post by Danger_man »

I've just hooked up a HXC Rev C to my Amiga 1200 replacing my internal floppy and I'm able to use the file selector tool to boot disk images and this is work well. If I disable autoboot mode and boot into Workbench from my HDD I'm not able to read any disk images I load using the LCD. Workbench just displays "DF0: Unreadable". The images are valid Amiga DOS disk images.
I verified that the jumpers on the board are in the correct positions for DF0 & DF1 for the Amiga with a non-twisted cable.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

These are the two configs I have tried.
Amiga.PNG
Amiga.PNG (184.6 KiB) Viewed 4133 times
Generic.PNG
Generic.PNG (187.23 KiB) Viewed 4133 times

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Accessing disks in Workbench

Post by Jeff »

Internal connection ? ID0-A + ID1-B ?

Danger_man

Post by Danger_man »

The HxC is connected as the internal floppy.
Here is a picture of my jumper settings. Anything obvious wrong?
8696E844-AACA-442D-824A-1D5AA817C2BD.jpeg
8696E844-AACA-442D-824A-1D5AA817C2BD.jpeg (135.25 KiB) Viewed 4113 times

Danger_man

Post by Danger_man »

Another data point if it helps.
If I disable my HDD, the file selector tool and boot straight to the Amiga kickstart start screen, using the LCD to select a bootable HFE image also does not work.

Again if I use the file selector tool everything seems to work which implies that I have the board connected correctly and I have something configured incorrectly. I also tried a different floppy cable and SD card but I get the same results.
Do I have to use the file selector tool? From reading the user manual it seemed I could load images using the LCD screen.

Thanks

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Danger_man wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:01 pm
Do I have to use the file selector tool? From reading the user manual it seemed I could load images using the LCD screen.

Thanks
No you don't have to use the file selector this. Try this : Clear the internal settings with the embedded menu, and use the default CFG file (normal mode, and all settings set to auto).
Then on the emulator select an hfe file generated from an adf file and restart the Amiga.

Danger_man

Post by Danger_man »

Clearing the settings via the LCD did the trick! Now I can load images on workbench. Thanks!

One thing I am noticing is that when I boot to workbench (3.1.4 or 3.9) from my HDD, DF1 from the HxC is not showing up only DF0.
If I boot to Workbench from DFO on the HxC, both DF0 and DF1 show up.
Is this expected behaviour?

Danger_man

Post by Danger_man »

Turns out the missing DF1 issue has something to do with the V45 intuition.library in OS 3.1.4.
If I use the stock intuition.library I can access DF0 & DF1. If I use V45 I only have access to DF0.