HxC autoboot problem on Amiga 500

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
ACID.WOZZIRD

HxC autoboot problem on Amiga 500

Post by ACID.WOZZIRD »

Hi, i have been trying to get my HxC SD (which worked with my Atari ST in the past) to work with my Amiga 500. Upon starting up i can acces the autoboot menu, then select my files that are on the SD. But after saving and rebooting .adf files won't work and the autoboot wil be loaded again instantly, and when i try to open .hfe files (amigaDOS format, one containing .lha and one containing .dms) upon rebooting it will bring me to the blue booting screen but it won't boot anything (the LCD will read T:040/084 S:0). Now i haven't figured out how to actually get a workbench .adf in a .hfe package since the files i found on the internet were too big for the 878KB AmigaDOS DSDD images i can create with HxC software. The Amiga worked fine with my physical disks and workbench but i am new to Amiga so i'm not really sure whats wrong with the Amiga HxC combo and where i should look.

I'm running HxC Floppy Emulator File Selector v1.66a and firmware version v1.8.2.40

Thanks,

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: HxC autoboot problem on Amiga 500

Post by Jeff »

ACID.WOZZIRD wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:19 pm
Hi, i have been trying to get my HxC SD (which worked with my Atari ST in the past) to work with my Amiga 500. Upon starting up i can acces the autoboot menu, then select my files that are on the SD. But after saving and rebooting .adf files won't work and the autoboot wil be loaded again instantly, and when i try to open .hfe files (amigaDOS format, one containing .lha and one containing .dms) upon rebooting it will bring me to the blue booting screen but it won't boot anything (the LCD will read T:040/084 S:0). Now i haven't figured out how to actually get a workbench .adf in a .hfe package since the files i found on the internet were too big for the 878KB AmigaDOS DSDD images i can create with HxC software. The Amiga worked fine with my physical disks and workbench but i am new to Amiga so i'm not really sure whats wrong with the Amiga HxC combo and where i should look.

I'm running HxC Floppy Emulator File Selector v1.66a and firmware version v1.8.2.40

Thanks,
with the current SD HxC you need to use hfe files, and to convert adf/dms/ipf to hfe you need to use this tool :
https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_driv ... t_beta.zip
ACID.WOZZIRD wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:19 pm
and when i try to open .hfe files (amigaDOS format, one containing .lha and one containing .dms) upon rebooting it will bring me to the blue booting screen but it won't boot anything (the LCD will read T:040/084 S:0).
The images are probably not bootable, isn't it ?

ACID.WOZZIRD

Post by ACID.WOZZIRD »

Hi thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Yes i am aware of the software and have tried to put my .adf files in a .hfe package but the problem is that the .adf files are too big by 2.5kb to fit on the AmigaDOS DSDD .hfe the software gives me an error message "880.00 KB Needed ! 877.50 KB Free !". Now i don't know if all .adf files are 880kb but all the ones i want to use are, how am i going to get them on a AmigaDOS .hfe image? The physical floppies i use are all 1mb, is there a possibility of creating an AmigaDOS DSDD that can hold more data than 880/877.50KB?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Drag & Drop the adf on the main HxC window and export it to HFE ! Or use the batch convert function !

ACID.WOZZIRD

Post by ACID.WOZZIRD »

Thanks up and running now! One more issue, how would i go about swapping disks in autoboot mode?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

ACID.WOZZIRD wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:42 am
Thanks up and running now! One more issue, how would i go about swapping disks in autoboot mode?
Just set several slots and use the emulator's buttons to swap disks.