lba change test failed ! write issue ?

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
Zxquad

lba change test failed ! write issue ?

Post by Zxquad »

Hi,

I own a gotek flashed with Hxc and I'm experiencing this kind of problems now (see picture) !
Could someone give me a solution for this issue ?
It also make this with my atari 1040 stfm ....
Sd pcb work like a charm .....
Attachments
unnamed2.jpg
unnamed2.jpg (121.73 KiB) Viewed 7206 times

Zxquad

Re: lba change test failed ! write issue ?

Post by Zxquad »

ref to this topic, it's the same here : http://torlus.com/floppy/forum/viewtopi ... &hilit=lba

"I did discover this: If I boot it in Autoboot mode it will error out from a cold start. If I Ctrl+A+A it works every time."

Cold start loading manager bug, the Ctrl + A + A and restart and work !! It's not the best solution, before it was working at the first attempt, but it's better then nothing ;).

Zxquad

Post by Zxquad »

it's the same on the Atari st side CTRL + ALT + DEL

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Zxquad wrote:it's the same on the Atari st side CTRL + ALT + DEL
So this sound to be an hardware problem.
Jumper setting ?

Jeroel

Post by Jeroel »

Hi, I signed in just to let anyone know how I resolved this issue : after various useless attempts, I discover that the power connector behind my A500 was slipped out for about 1-2mm! Once pressed in, problem solved!
Thanks to this forum and to Jeff in particular, who point me in the right direction (check the power supply)
Sorry for resuming an old thread, but I love when someone who solve a problem post to let everyone else know how, and I like to do the same when I can.

Jeroel

Post by Jeroel »

It seems I was a bit too hasty, the issue is back, and I'm starting to think it is related to something on the A500 mainboard (capacitors?). Luckily enough, I can still edit the game list with the windows app HxC Edit, and the adf files seem to load correctly...I hope it'll last.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

You should use the windows version of the file selector instead.

anyway you don't tell which hardware and firmware version you are using ?

Jeroel

Post by Jeroel »

Yes you're right, I quickly wrote the messages on my cell phone, I also posted my issue in the support site and found the unpredictable cause:
Thanks for reading!

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

That's exactly what i suspected and why i asked about the firmware : "yet another one asking support without having a legacy HxC firmware and/or hardware."
Well... Would be nice if you got a true HxC firmware instead...

Jeroel

Post by Jeroel »

You probably have a point there; still, I knew nothing about floppy emulators until a few weeks ago, so I read a few web pages and made the cheaper choice, considering my needs (just some casual retrogaming). After I experienced the error message above, I simply typed it on google and ended up here... I didn't get that this forum is dedicated to a specific hw/fw manufacturer and it wasn't the best place for me to post :oops: