Setup and other Newbie questions

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
esshahn

Setup and other Newbie questions

Post by esshahn »

Hey everbody,

I just got my HxC SD and dusted off my old Amiga 500. I know there's tons of information out here and I hope you guys can point me in the right directions. Here are some basic questions:

1. I want to use the HxC for more than one computer (e.g. Atari ST, too). How does this work?
Do I need to make the cables go through the floppy drive hole? Can I use the internal floppy drive and the HxC at the same time? Should I get an external floppy drive case? Any problems with using an external drive? Any other option to consider?

2. What's the right way to start to make it all work smoothly?
All I have is an old A500 without any extra discs. What are the steps to use Kickstart or play a game?

I know this must sound very basic, it's just that I haven't found an easy to follow tutorial to answer my questions, yet.

Any help from you really appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Setup and other Newbie questions

Post by Jeff »

Just take and copy/convert your adf files with the hxc software (batch converter), put an cfg file to the SD, and plug the emulator to the Amiga.

esshahn

Re: Setup and other Newbie questions

Post by esshahn »

Thanks Jeff. That explains some of my software questions, I don't know anything about the cfg file though.
What about the software for browsing the sd?

As for the hardware, I learned that many use a long floppy cable and extend their power supply so that the HxC can be used outside the Amiga. Is this still the best solution for external hardware?