Scrolling Text On the LED Display

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
starsight

Scrolling Text On the LED Display

Post by starsight »

Hiya first of all I'd like to thank you for such a great product. It literally gave new life to my old amiga.

I had the floppy drive emulator for a few months and its been working flawlessly with pretty much every game I tried .

Recently I noticed that the file name has stopped scrolling. Basically preventing me from seeing the full file name/disc number. I am not sure what caused it, if its some setting in the cfg files or within the settings of the hardware itself .

Any insight would be appreciated

thanks in advance!

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Scrolling Text On the LED Display

Post by Jeff »

starsight wrote:Hiya first of all I'd like to thank you for such a great product. It literally gave new life to my old amiga.

I had the floppy drive emulator for a few months and its been working flawlessly with pretty much every game I tried .

Recently I noticed that the file name has stopped scrolling. Basically preventing me from seeing the full file name/disc number. I am not sure what caused it, if its some setting in the cfg files or within the settings of the hardware itself .

Any insight would be appreciated

thanks in advance!
Probably a setting problem. How do you use the emulator ?

starsight

Post by starsight »

Hiya.. I use the autoboot to display the folder containing the adf.hfe

After that I simply assign the multiple disk based games to the appropriate df0/df1 and press alt to assign more to the different slots.. I press F10 it saves and reboots and the game loads.

Typically lets say for example Dune 2 .. the first 2 disk are assigned to the first slot .. and disk 3 and 4 are assigned to the second .. When it asks me to put disk 3 I just press the next button to go to the next slot .. and the game continues and loads ..

the only issue is that when I'm pressing the next I am unable to see the full name (and disk number) due to lack of scrolling.

Its not game breaking but quite annoying as you can imagine.

thanks again

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Yes but this is the normal behavior since you used the indexed/autoboot mode: the text is not scrolling while the emulation is running.

adan2097

Post by adan2097 »

Hello,

I just created a new post talking about this issue and I just read this post.

If I configure the HXCSDFE.cfg without de indexed/autoboot mode activated, I load the disk through the manager and the scroll still doesn't works to let me see the number of the disk I'm loading.

In the last firmware I had the same problem but at least the SD HxC beeps the times of the slot you have selected to let you know what disk you are loading.

Any solution to see the complete name of the disk you are loading (the text scrolls) when you use the emulator? Or change something to return to have the beeps to let you know what disk you are loading?

Best Regards,

Adán Fenández

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

I don't plan to make the name scrolling during the emulation on this hardware. But what i can easily do is to print the slot number on the second line during 1 second before the effective image load. does this answer to your need ?

The right move would be to move to the HxC v3.X.X.X firmwares behaviour (scroll during the emulation + new config file format storing longer file names) but unfortunately i don't thing this will fit the flash memory on this hardware...