Amiga 2000 & HXC 2001 big problem, with video demonstration.

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
steve.reaver

Amiga 2000 & HXC 2001 big problem, with video demonstration.

Post by steve.reaver »

I just received by HXC2001 Slim REV A yesterday and I cannot get it to work on my Amiga 2000. There is a video of the issue here;
http://youtu.be/YRNTE8wo-cQ

The Amiga will do that clicking behavior either if there is an SD Card or there is No SD Card.

In the video I show the configuration with jumpers 3 & 7 set (4&8 on the switch) with the twist part of the cable. If I put it on the straight part of the cable and set 0 & 4 (1&5 on the switch) it will do the same thing any other combination just results in the Amiga polling the disk and it never detects that there is an SD inserted.

I have managed to successfully install the latest firmware V2.1.2.40 and I know the floppy port on the Amiga works fine as I can boot off a real disk in the drive.

Any help appreciated....

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Amiga 2000 & HXC 2001 big problem, with video demonstrat

Post by Jeff »

1- Please consider your floppy cable as Non-twisted.
2- Use the ID0-A (1) & ID1-B (5) switch setting.
3- What is on the SDcard ?

steve.reaver

Post by steve.reaver »

Thanks for the reply

1 - Have done
2 - Have done
3 - The SD is a Kingston 2GB formated as FAT32, it contains the all the files from the Amiga Quick Install archive.

Now the Amiga will start, I can hear it polling the disk and when I insert the SD Card the light briefly flashes but nothing else happens. The Amiga Continues to poll the disk and stays at the kickstart screen.

I should also add that this behaviour is the same on my Amiga 3000 with Kickstart3.1

Should I possibly try another SD ?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

steve.reaver wrote: 3 - The SD is a Kingston 2GB formated as FAT32, it contains the all the files from the Amiga Quick Install archive.
That's is your issue: the autoboot mode is not activacted by default in this CFG file.
Overwrite your cfg file with the one present into this archive :

https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_driv ... anager.zip

steve.reaver

Post by steve.reaver »

Jeff you are a super star ! It works ! That's just one more hurdle I am over in completing this build.... thank you very very much !!!