Permanent "Reading FAT..." status

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
Bothman

Permanent "Reading FAT..." status

Post by Bothman »

Hi,

Sorry for possible English mistakes, I'm spaniard.

I just purchased a SD HxC Floppy Drive Emulator Rev.F for an A2000 with an internal and original "df0:" floppy drive. So, I'm only interested in "df1:" emulation in order to transfer files from my PC to the Amiga.

I have the following issue:
When I insert the SD card, the left red light is continuosly flashing and de LCD display shows a permanent "Reading FAT..." status. Nothing else happens.

I'm using a 64MB microSD card (with the adaptor), but my Windows 7 only lets me format it in FAT (no idea if its FAT16 or FAT32). I don't know if this is a possible cause.

I figure the jumpers are correctly set, (jumper #2 ON only=one drive, df1). The ribbon cable is Shugart, with no twist in the conector to HxC, and then with the twisted conector in the original df0 device.

Kind Regards!

Edit: A question. What is the ID3 jumper "Motor Control Line" purpose or utility?

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Permanent "Reading FAT..." status

Post by Jeff »

Bothman wrote: I'm using a 64MB microSD card (with the adaptor), but my Windows 7 only lets me format it in FAT (no idea if its FAT16 or FAT32). I don't know if this is a possible cause.
Yes this is a sd problem. can you try another one?
Bothman wrote: Edit: A question. What is the ID3 jumper "Motor Control Line" purpose or utility?

twisted floppy cable usage, Pc usage...

Zozosoft

Post by Zozosoft »

Bothman wrote: I'm using a 64MB microSD card (with the adaptor), but my Windows 7 only lets me format it in FAT (no idea if its FAT16 or FAT32).
It is will be FAT16, the Windows don't format FAT32 under 512MB size.
Previously I wrote a trick with FreeDOS can be possible formating small cards to FAT32:
http://torlus.com/floppy/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1260

Bothman

Post by Bothman »

Yes. That was the problem. It's working fine with a new 2GB SD Card.
Thanks, Jeff and Zozosoft, for your answers.

Kind regards!