Copy ripped ADF from Amiga to HxC Drive

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
Beast96GT

Copy ripped ADF from Amiga to HxC Drive

Post by Beast96GT »

I have a slight conundrum with my awesome HxC equipped Amiga.

I've got a disk that I ripped to ADF on the hard drive, and I want to copy it to the HxC. At the very least, somehow get it back to my PC so it can then be copied to the HxC.

Is there a way to copy the ADF from my hard drive to the HxC?

(BTW: This is NOT an ADF you can just "find" on the internet, else I would have done that long ago).

Thanks!

-Chris

Arnie

Re: Copy ripped ADF from Amiga to HxC Drive

Post by Arnie »

If I understand correctly, the adf image is on the
amiga harddrive and you want to transfer it to the pc?

What amiga model is it?

You could try loading an empty adf on the hxc, use lha or similar on the adf file and see if the archived file will fit onto the empty floppy.
if it does, then insert the sd card into the pc and use WinUAE to unpack the archive to a folder on the pc.

Beast96GT

Post by Beast96GT »

Arnie wrote:If I understand correctly, the adf image is on the
amiga harddrive and you want to transfer it to the pc?

What amiga model is it?

You could try loading an empty adf on the hxc, use lha or similar on the adf file and see if the archived file will fit onto the empty floppy.
if it does, then insert the sd card into the pc and use WinUAE to unpack the archive to a folder on the pc.
My apologies for being unclear. Yes, the ADF is now on the Amiga hard drive, and I'd like to copy it back to my PC.

This is an A2500, but it uses a SCSI flash card as an HD. It works great.

How would I create an empty ADF? Do they compress if I use LHA on them? This is good information, and appreciate your help!!

-Chris

Arnie

Post by Arnie »

You could mount one of the adf's on the HXC and format it on the Amiga.

You could then use a program called tsgui to write your adf image to the empty disk, which could then be copied from the HxC sd card and renamed on the pc.

Or you can lha the adf file on the amiga, copy it to the empty disk, mount the empty disk in WinUAE and unpack the lha to your pc.

BTW...Where did you get the scsi flash card, I want one for my CDTV.

Is it 50 pin?

Beast96GT

Post by Beast96GT »

Arnie wrote:You could mount one of the adf's on the HXC and format it on the Amiga.

You could then use a program called tsgui to write your adf image to the empty disk, which could then be copied from the HxC sd card and renamed on the pc.

Or you can lha the adf file on the amiga, copy it to the empty disk, mount the empty disk in WinUAE and unpack the lha to your pc.

BTW...Where did you get the scsi flash card, I want one for my CDTV.

Is it 50 pin?

I'll give it a shot and report back. Thanks!

I got the scsi flash card set from mechy at https://a4000t.com/store/. You might want to contact him before ordering to make sure he has what you need. FYI, he also said he's getting to the end of stock of these and may not be able to get replacements.