Trackloader discs...

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
mr_options

Trackloader discs...

Post by mr_options »

I have the HxC SD Floppy Emulator REV F in external case (I remove a Q-TEC drive from its case and replace the HxC in).
I use it on an AMIGA 500 KS1.3 - 0.5chip/0.5fast.

I have some problems for loading some disc with that I think is TRACKLOADER.

I have an Action Replay mkIII wich let me select BOOT device, but some games and demos force this setting, and search to the real physical df0:.
Even if I set BOOT on df1:, the disc BOOT in DF1: but try to load the rest of the disc on the real df0:.
Is a physical switcher better than my AR mk III ????

What kind of BOOT Selector do I have to choose ???

Thanks for reply .... (and sorry for my "not so good english").

mr_options

Re: Trackloader discs...

Post by mr_options »

No reply ????

No one knows ???

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

mr_options wrote:No reply ????

No one knows ???
You must set the drive to DF0.

The way to do this depend of your amiga : you can modify the motherboard or use a bootselector hw mod.
But you should ask this on an Amiga forum.

elpiloto

Post by elpiloto »

Most Amiga stuff work like that, the software looks data on phisic device 0, action replay do a "software hack" and cant change the phisic id of the disk drives. On a500 that must be donne by hardware mod on the even cia.
you need a boot selector, there is someone that sells them on amibay.com

cheers

mr_options

Post by mr_options »

elpiloto wrote:Most Amiga stuff work like that, the software looks data on phisic device 0, action replay do a "software hack" and cant change the phisic id of the disk drives. On a500 that must be donne by hardware mod on the even cia.
you need a boot selector, there is someone that sells them on amibay.com

cheers

Yes, I just bought one here (on AMIBAy) , and my HxC boot trackloaders discs just fine, now.

Still have some questions :

With the HxC in DF1: , can I use my DF0: physical drive or do I have to put a drive on DF2: position ???
If I put a drive if df2: position, do I have to modify the HxC config tu use it ???

I also have other questions, but I made another thread for 'em, concerning the use of the "HxC Rev.F 3.5" form factor".

elpiloto

Post by elpiloto »

with the boot selector properlly installed on the amiga, you can use your physical df0 (that cames original with the a500) and replace the external drive with the hxc, note that u still need the external controller. Then switching the boot selector switch you can use the internal as df0 and the external (hxc) as df1 or internal as df1 and external as df0.With the boot selector you will not have those problems that you mention on the first post. you dont need to modify anything, the boot selector will make all the tricks.