Problems with ADF files less than 880K?

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
mhindsbo

Problems with ADF files less than 880K?

Post by mhindsbo »

The HxCFloppyEmulator only seems to be able to load half the ADF files I have. All of them work with the Amiga Forever Emulator (WinUAE).

It seems like it is the ADF files that are smaller than 880KB that are a problem. Is this a known limitation of the HxCFloppyEmulator? It is preventing me from converting those ADF files to HFE files.

Two examples are: This 880KB image loads fine in the HxCEmulator: ftp://ftp.amigascne.org/pub/amiga/Packd ... ion032.adf ...

... whereas this returns a "Load error! Image file not supported!": ftp://ftp.amigascne.org/pub/amiga/Group ... lledVictor (note you have to add .adf to this file after downloading)

Both files load fine in the emulator on the PC. Any help or pointers appreciated.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Problems with ADF files less than 880K?

Post by Jeff »

In fact this file is not an ADF file, but an Amiga executable. So you have to copy it to an amiga file system.

To do this :

- First solution :
-> Create an folder on your pc : myfloppy.amigados
-> Copy this file (or more) to this folder.
-> Drag&Drop this folder on the hxc software
-> Export the image.

OR

Use ADFOpus :
https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_driv ... us_HxC.zip

mhindsbo

Post by mhindsbo »

Thanks Jeff. I tried putting the file in a folder as you suggested and export it and put it on an SD card in my Amiga it simply boots to a CLI screen and I don't seem to be able to execute the file. What am I missing? Does the file need an extension or something similar?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

mhindsbo wrote:Thanks Jeff. I tried putting the file in a folder as you suggested and export it and put it on an SD card in my Amiga it simply boots to a CLI screen and I don't seem to be able to execute the file. What am I missing? Does the file need an extension or something similar?
add .exe