Problems with cased SD Floppy Emulator and A500

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
ApolloBoy

Problems with cased SD Floppy Emulator and A500

Post by ApolloBoy »

I got an SD Floppy Emulator for Xmas and I was planning to use it with my A500, but I seem to be having some strange problems with it. Basically the Amiga refuses to read disk images and gets "stuck" on the second track of the disk image. Changing the jumpers on the Emulator and switching around the floppy cable on the Amiga end didn't work; I also tried different floppy cables and different SD cards and those didn't work either. Anyone have a clue as to what's going on? Here's a video of someone else having the exact same problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3Q0CmpUpKw

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Problems with cased SD Floppy Emulator and A500

Post by Jeff »

No : the guy on the video don't have the same problem as you : he have just damaged his floppy cable by pulling the floppy cable...

Can you take a picture of >your< setup? i want to see : the floppy cable connection (amiga & hxc side), the power cable connection and the jumper setting.

ApolloBoy

Post by ApolloBoy »

Jeff wrote:No : the guy on the video don't have the same problem as you : he have just damaged his floppy cable by pulling the floppy cable...

Can you take a picture of >your< setup? i want to see : the floppy cable connection (amiga & hxc side), the power cable connection and the jumper setting.
Huh, didn't notice that. Not surprised considering the quality of that video is somewhat lousy though. Anyway, I'll get you pics of my setup in a bit...

ApolloBoy

Post by ApolloBoy »

Here's how I have it set up...

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Look at the amiga side floppy connector : the floppy cable is not in the right way.
Just put the colored wire at the other side at Amiga connector OR at the hxc connector and all should work without problem.

ApolloBoy

Post by ApolloBoy »

Jeff wrote:Look at the amiga side floppy connector : the floppy cable is not in the right way.
Just put the colored wire at the other side at Amiga connector OR at the hxc connector and all should work without problem.
That did it, it's working perfectly now! Didn't think to do that, thanks!