LCD display issue

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
mdbenson

LCD display issue

Post by mdbenson »

Hi,

I am using a HxC2001 in the metal drive bay installed as the ONLY floppy drive in a Amiga 4000 desktop. I have the power taken from the floppy connector on the A4000 power supply.

The jumper is set at ID3B as it's at the end of the twisted cable.

The Emulator itself works fine. I used the Windows utility to put a Amiga OS 3.1 disk onto the the SD card and i managed by blind luck to get the Amiga to boot from it absolutely fine.

HOWEVER. No matter how I set it up all I get on the LCD screen is a load of blocks and lines. No text. I can see it moving like it's scrolling the file name etc. but I can't read it, it's displaying garbage.

I had to disassemble the drive assembly to remove any sensitive equipment while I tapped the holes for M3 to mount it (something Lotharek said was perfectly normal???)

I'm happy th emulator works and it seems to be very good but if I can't read the LCD it's a bit problematic.
Last edited by mdbenson on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: LCD display issue

Post by Jeff »

Can you try to reconnect the LCD flex connection ?

mdbenson

Post by mdbenson »

I have removed and replaced the cable several times and it hasn't made any noticeable difference. I've ensured it's attached correctly and is straight.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

mdbenson wrote:I have removed and replaced the cable several times and it hasn't made any noticeable difference. I've ensured it's attached correctly and is straight.
In this case send back the device to Lotharek. Replacement / Repair seems to be required here.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Last thing : are you sure that you use a +5V power supply ?

mdbenson

Post by mdbenson »

Yes, I tested it with a meter and it's dead-on 5.00V.

lotharek

Post by lotharek »

Hello

Please, send emul back - i will refund You postage - it seems like broken LCD or... just re-check ribbon insertion.

Sth must die during transport. Was the emulator packed in in white bug without any marks of opening ?
..... Atari Roxxx !!!

mdbenson

Post by mdbenson »

The emulator reached me in good condition in a white box with your sticker on the box. It was not opened etc.

I will pack it up and send it back this week.

mdbenson

Post by mdbenson »

lotharek:

I am sorry I have not been able to return this item to you yet. Got pushed to one side and I forgot.

I have it on my desk at work and will return it in the coming week.