Slimline Gotek SFRM72-DU26 26pin

Fauphi

Slimline Gotek SFRM72-DU26 26pin

Post by Fauphi »

Hi,

I'm trying to install the HxC firmware on this slimline Gotek SFRM72-DU26. It has an Artery chip.
Flashing with the Artery ISP Programmer tool works fine.

But then I'm running into problems. As described in here https://hxc2001.com/docs/gotek-floppy-e ... usb-method I'm putting the 2 files EXCHANGE.BIN (from the Offline_HxC_Gotek_install.zip I got via email) and the HxCFEUSB_V3_8_3_1a.UPD (from the HXCFEUSB_Gotek_HxC_firmware.zip I got in a different email) on a USB-drive.

Then I disconnect the USB-A-USB-A cable, put in the USB drive and connect the Gotek to the laptop (Toshiba T4800TC) I want to use it with and power the laptop up. And then nothing happens..

The laptop boots, shows an "NO FDD ERROR" and when I try to access A: I get "General failure reading drive A".

I checked the pinout of the 26pin cable and it seems to match the Gotek (https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_dri ... al_ENG.pdf page 16). Theres also 5V on pin 1,3 and 5 so the Gotek should be powered. But there is no feedback on the Gotek at all. It doesnt have a display and the LED is not flashing.

----

I also tried a custom firmware with "Extra select button" disabled and pin 34 on nReady (viewtopic.php?p=20427#p20427). But to the same result.

I did not modify the Gotek (removed the resistors), because as far as I understand this is not necessary?!

---

So, am I doing something wrong?
Is my laptop just not compatible with the Gotek? (It is a 720K model, does this matter?)
Is the HxC firmware not compatible with this version of the Gotek?
(tried 2 different Gotek SFRM72-DU26 devices, so the possibility that they are broken is low)

Any help appreciated! :)

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Slimline Gotek SFRM72-DU26 26pin

Post by Jeff »

Artery chip -> Please use the firmware available in the "WIP_Firmware" folder.