Roland DJ-70 MKII error saving volumes.

agent29

Roland DJ-70 MKII error saving volumes.

Post by agent29 »

Hi, My newly acquired Roland DJ-70 MKII is giving me a "Floppy Write Error" when saving a "volume" to a 1.44MB disk image. Saving "samples" and "Partials" seem to be unaffected and saves successfully.

Volumes save correctly with original Floppy Drive and 1.44MB disk.
I initially used the "standard 3"5 DOS HD Floppy disk" predefined layout as I didn't see a 1.44MB Roland layout. It Formatted successfully, samples and partials can be written and read just not volumes. A Roland S760 *.OUT image was tried with the same results.

I Subsequently used the "Floppy Disk Dump" to import the successfully written real disk and then exported it to *.HFE and renamed it DSKA0000.HFE This image for reasons unknown is not recognised by th DJ-70 with "Please insert disk" displayed

provided is the real disk image and the failed to write image formatted by the DJ-70, Two different USB drives were tried

can you assist?
Attachments
dj70MKII.zip
(233.58 KiB) Downloaded 134 times

agent29

Re: Roland DJ-70 MKII error saving volumes.

Post by agent29 »

I have an update and a working image with "volume" read and write which required the use of Omniflop.

Omniflop correctly identified the real disk as Roland s7XX series. I backed it up as an *.OUT image and also as a standard image, *.IMG.

I had initially forgotten support for*.OUT extensions was added so attempted to convert the OUT to HFE.

Drag and Drop or "LOAD" doesn't seem to support OUT Files, the (it returned an error) *.IMG however converted fine.

The "Floppy Disk Dump" in the HXC emulator read the disk ok, however I noticed the exported HFE had a smaller file size (3,921) than the exported Omniflop HFE Image (4,117) whats the difference between the two?

As I mentioned before I had forgotten OUT support but now both HFE and OUT images work perfectly.

attached are the working images for reference.

regards
Attachments
dj70MKIIworking.zip
(151.91 KiB) Downloaded 139 times