Error 3 when for initial flash

eddieb76

Error 3 when for initial flash

Post by eddieb76 »

Everything went really smooth initially setting up my new Gotek until...

Went thru the whole process of loading the HxC code onto my GoTek. I get to the step where the display shows "Ldr". Copied the latest UPD file to a USB stick and after a few seconds I get the 003 Error (FAT Error). I tried 4 different USB sticks of various sizes, All FAT32 except one which was FAT. All are showing the same error 3.

Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance!

Ed

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Error 3 when for initial flash

Post by Jeff »

eddieb76 wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:57 am
Everything went really smooth initially setting up my new Gotek until...

Went thru the whole process of loading the HxC code onto my GoTek. I get to the step where the display shows "Ldr". Copied the latest UPD file to a USB stick and after a few seconds I get the 003 Error (FAT Error). I tried 4 different USB sticks of various sizes, All FAT32 except one which was FAT. All are showing the same error 3.

Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance!

Ed
Mac user i suppose ? if so set the "Master Boot Record" option when you format the stick.

eddieb76

Post by eddieb76 »

I did see that I had to set drive as MBR. In Windoze, I ended up having to use DISKPART to convert the type to MBR, then format, etc. Had some strange problem on my one pc, but I was able to format and copy the UPD file on to it. Still got the 003 Error. I'll try again. Thanks

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

eddieb76 wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:43 am
I did see that I had to set drive as MBR. In Windoze, I ended up having to use DISKPART to convert the type to MBR, then format, etc. Had some strange problem on my one pc, but I was able to format and copy the UPD file on to it. Still got the 003 Error. I'll try again. Thanks
Then try another usb stick... Definitively the emulator doesn't recognize the partition/disk format for some reasons.