Eject at power on problem

mickoz

Eject at power on problem

Post by mickoz »

Hi all,

I'm a complete noob with a Gotek that I bought from amigastore.eu, with rotary encoder, OLED and buzzer fitted.
I've updated the firmware to v3.4.14.1a and am running a A1200

I used the autoboot selector and configured the setting unload at power on and saved. Now I can't insert an adf or hfe. No combination of button pressing either on the 2 buttons or the rotary button will insert an image. All I see is disk ejected underneath the file name that I selected.

I can fix it by putting a clean config file on the USB stick, but how do I not have a floppy mounted at boot time. AKA I want to boot to harddisk?

Sorry if this has been covered before.

Thanks

Mick

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Eject at power on problem

Post by Jeff »

mickoz wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 8:13 am
Hi all,

I'm a complete noob with a Gotek that I bought from amigastore.eu, with rotary encoder, OLED and buzzer fitted.
I've updated the firmware to v3.4.14.1a and am running a A1200

I used the autoboot selector and configured the setting unload at power on and saved. Now I can't insert an adf or hfe. No combination of button pressing either on the 2 buttons or the rotary button will insert an image. All I see is disk ejected underneath the file name that I selected.

I can fix it by putting a clean config file on the USB stick, but how do I not have a floppy mounted at boot time. AKA I want to boot to harddisk?

Sorry if this has been covered before.

Thanks

Mick
First question : Do you really want to use the autoboot selector ? Since you have the oled screen this is not needed.
To eject/insert a disk, press both buttons in the same time.

mickoz

Post by mickoz »

Hey Jeff, thanks for replying

That doesn’t seem to work. Still get disk ejected no matter the combination of buttons pressed

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

mickoz wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 10:19 am
Hey Jeff, thanks for replying

That doesn’t seem to work. Still get disk ejected no matter the combination of buttons pressed
One note : you need to press both buttons some seconds (at least 2 or 3 seconds)

mickoz

Post by mickoz »

That did the trick. I told you I was a noob.
Thanks Jeff

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

mickoz wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 12:50 pm
That did the trick. I told you I was a noob.
Thanks Jeff
:)