gotek partially broken down.

SPeCTRo88

gotek partially broken down.

Post by SPeCTRo88 »

Hello, my gotek is defective. It correctly displays the contents of the USB key. The rotary knob and the oled work well. But if I connect it to my Amiga as an external player, I have DF0, DF1, DF2, DF3 players during the early startup, when there should only be DF0 and DF1 (= my gotek) and well on no boot on my gotek ....
I tested the capacitors apparently they are OK, the transistors too. I don't think it comes from ARM otherwise nothing would work.
I think it may come from 74HC04. What do you think of this diagnosis?
Thank you.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: gotek partially broken down.

Post by Jeff »

SPeCTRo88 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:40 pm
Hello, my gotek is defective. It correctly displays the contents of the USB key. The rotary knob and the oled work well. But if I connect it to my Amiga as an external player, I have DF0, DF1, DF2, DF3 players during the early startup, when there should only be DF0 and DF1 (= my gotek) and well on no boot on my gotek ....
I tested the capacitors apparently they are OK, the transistors too. I don't think it comes from ARM otherwise nothing would work.
I think it may come from 74HC04. What do you think of this diagnosis?
Thank you.
Not the 74HC04 but the mosfet/transitor driving the pin 34 : The signal is probably always asserted. You can check if the pin34 is shorted to the ground.