Resetting gotek for hxc flashing after bootloading

Kna

Resetting gotek for hxc flashing after bootloading

Post by Kna »

Hi, I've sucsessfully transferd the bootloader via ftdi232 to a gotek, but have somehow botched the hxc flashing, so when i try to flash, (start with a usb stick insterted with *.upd file and both bottons pressed), nothing happens.
Is there anyway to re-set the gotek to do a hxc flash as if for the first time after bootloading?

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Resetting gotek for hxc flashing after bootloading

Post by Jeff »

Kna wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:43 pm
Hi, I've sucsessfully transferd the bootloader via ftdi232 to a gotek, but have somehow botched the hxc flashing, so when i try to flash, (start with a usb stick insterted with *.upd file and both bottons pressed), nothing happens.
Is there anyway to re-set the gotek to do a hxc flash as if for the first time after bootloading?
Yes since January the server recognize the Goteks already flashed with HxC. Just flash it with the tool, even if your account have 0 license left.

Kna

Post by Kna »

I've loaded the bootloader onto to gotek units now, one of them twice, as you said, it the serialbridge software loads the bootloader repeatedly onto already bootloaded units.

I cant get the goteks to receive the *.upd file as from the usb-stick though. There is just no response, on either unit.
Could you give a quick review of the flashing procedure?
Should the gotek be flashed with usb-stick while hooked up to the ftdi232, or should connections be seperated first?
Should the connecting between j3 boot0 - VCC3V3 be terminated before flashing the *.upd?
Does it matter what display is connected to the gotek while flashing?

Kna

Post by Kna »

Ok, I got it working. It was due to a non-working oled display, most probably. :-)

Thanks for the fast replies, much appreciated!