Gotek issue, how to use the 1000 virtual folders?

Mclaneinc

Gotek issue, how to use the 1000 virtual folders?

Post by Mclaneinc »

Hi there, I hope you guys can help..

I got a gotek to go in a bit of old equipment and its the right model for it but it came with an awful set of chinese software. The issue is that I boot the drive with both buttons to initiate the format of the flash drive, it goes up too 999 and then back to 000 as expected and if I run said software on the PC it see's the disks / folders all named as per the format but I can't add anything to the folders, I know what I'm supposed to do and that's open the folder number, which drop a file to go in there in, shut the folder and then save it but the software complains about Vista (well there's a message with Vista in) and I've tried various compatibility settings under Win 7 X64 Home, but when you save it brings a message up that is unreadable and does not save the item.

After some googling I found another style of the software in English but it only shows or will make 100 disks BUT I can add stuff via the software and it does save it as long as you follow 8:3 conventions.

I've looked high and low to find software to utilise all 1000 disk places but I can't find it....

Any idea's, obviously it can be done as the Chinese software happily reads the 1000 spaces, it just won't save them and I have zero idea what the messages are that pop up as they are meant for a Chinese setup PC which is a little too far to for for me to see the errors in Chinese properly and then try and use translation software.

Any idea's good people, would be appreciated..

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Gotek issue, how to use the 1000 virtual folders?

Post by Jeff »

Are you at least using the HxC firmware on this gotek ?

Mclaneinc

Re: Gotek issue, how to use the 1000 virtual folders?

Post by Mclaneinc »

Sorry jeff, no I'm not, it was just in the hope that someone had the same issue in the past.

Apologies for being OT...

Please close the account..