Apple II Support

Verault

Re: Apple II Support

Post by Verault »

I dont think your going to get any replies for that in the apple II firmware thread.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

softwarejanitor wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:16 pm
It looks like the bootloader executable works under Wine, unfortunately it appears my GoTek may be dead. Nothing lights up on it even if I plug power directly into the power connector.
why boot0 nothing will be displayed on the gotek.
please have a look to this :
https://hxc2001.com/docs/gotek-floppy-e ... ation.html

(you don't need to use the STM32_SerialBridge)

https://hxc2001.com/docs/gotek-floppy-e ... usb-method

have a look to the email you received with the license.

Verault

Post by Verault »

A few more folks have built a gotek with apple II firmware. Someone has even made a better PCB so you no longer have to make the cable!
https://www.applefritter.com/comment/10 ... ent-106638

nerydf

Post by nerydf »

I've been following this as well, here and on AppleFritter, and to a lesser extent the FaceBook group. I've got a GoTek, I've got adapter boards ordered, and I'm eager to try it all out. Without having all the parts here to hook it up and try it yet, I'm confused about some of the operations:
1) With the Apple II firmware, is it possible to simply drag and drop disk images to the USB thumb drive? Or will we still have to convert all the images to .hfe?
Thank you!

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

nerydf wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:47 am
I've been following this as well, here and on AppleFritter, and to a lesser extent the FaceBook group. I've got a GoTek, I've got adapter boards ordered, and I'm eager to try it all out. Without having all the parts here to hook it up and try it yet, I'm confused about some of the operations:
1) With the Apple II firmware, is it possible to simply drag and drop disk images to the USB thumb drive? Or will we still have to convert all the images to .hfe?
Thank you!
Convert them to HFEv3

nerydf

Post by nerydf »

Thanks Jeff! In the future will it ever be possible to use the native image files, or will it always be required to convert them?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

nerydf wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:22 am
Thanks Jeff! In the future will it ever be possible to use the native image files, or will it always be required to convert them?
This will depend on my motivation and interest, the gotek version you use and the general interest on this (which is currently rather low.)

Personally i am fine with the current conversion : i batch convert the images, and the drag and drop feature on the batch convert window make it mostly transparent.