Custom HxC firmware
8 August 2022 : Firmware STM32/AT32 USB HxCFloppyEmulator v184.108.40.206a - Pre Release
- A new series of Goteks based on the new AT32F435 is now available (PCB "SFRKC30.AT4.35").
This MCU is more powerful than the previous AT32F415 MCU.
- The AT32F435 has 384KB of RAM ! (This was 32KB for the AT32F415 and 64KB for the STM32F105)
- The AT32F435 can run at 288MHz ! (This was 150MHz for the AT32F415 and 72MHz for the STM32F105)
This hardware revision removes the 32KB memory size challenge introduced by the "SARS-CoV-2" Goteks (based on the AT32F415).
This is definitively more reliable because file system cache can be properly implemented to deal with the USB stick latency.
I strongly recommend this new AT32F435 Goteks hardware revision.
Regarding the HxC firmware the new v5 version is now compatible with this new core.
It still compatible with the STM32 and AT32F415 Goteks.
- Others changes:
- Artery AT32F415 Gotek now runs at 144MHz ! (the v3 & v4 run this core at 72MHz)
- Many changes and some fixes in the low level layers.
- The bootloader was updated too and finally gain the OLED screen support.
- The offline firmware installation (activation at hxc2001.com) now supports this new core.
- The online serial installation doesn't support yet this core. But this will be done next week.