Gotek SFRC2D.B with ANDO optical spectrum analyzer

IvanFrance

Gotek SFRC2D.B with ANDO optical spectrum analyzer

Post by IvanFrance »

Hi Jeff, Hi all,

I have just purchased a GOTEK SFR1M44-DU26 device on the SFRC2D.B board. I want to use it with ANDO optical spectrum analyzer as a replacement for Teac FD-05HG FDD. It seems that it is possible, I only need to make some modifications to the board, in particular
Right jumper setting : DS0A/ID0A, 1Ko pull up resistor needed on FLOPPY_DATA#
But the problem is that I cannot understand how to interpret this jumper setting for the board SFRC2D.B, and also it seems that all the pins there already have 1k resistors. So what modifications should I make? Help me, please.

Now the system is working somehow, so I do not want to just try and crush it. It seems that I will not be able to roll back to the original Gotek firmware in case, so I need to be sure, that the chances are high before taking the soldering iron in my hands.

Thank you in advance.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Gotek SFRC2D.B with ANDO optical spectrum analyzer

Post by Jeff »

Hello,

Is the HxC Floppy emulator firmware installed on this Gotek ?

IvanFrance

Post by IvanFrance »

No, not yet. Now there is a default Gotek firmware. Before writing HxC I need to be sure, that it will work. This expensive device belongs to the company, you know... Right now the instructions
Right jumper setting : DS0A/ID0A, 1Ko pull up resistor needed on FLOPPY_DATA#
seems ambiguous to me.

IvanFrance

Post by IvanFrance »

Jeff wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:49 pm
Hello,

OK. I took a risk and flashed a bootloader and a firmware to my Gotek device. So now it does not work at all. I see the green diode permanently on and blinknig when trying to access floppy drive from the OSA. OSA emits "Disk not inserted" error. No reaction for the flash stick inserted. I have tried to prepare it in various ways, no reaction. Please, help.

The problem is that when I install USB stick with EXCHANGE.BIN and *.upd file the controller does not write or change the EXCHANGE.BIN somehow. I have checked it by the CRC-32 checksum. And I receive the email that my EXCHANGE.BIN is not good. I have tried with couple of USB sticks, I do not think the problem is with them. The controller just seems to be in not responding state

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

IvanFrance wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:11 pm
Jeff wrote:
Hello,

OK. I took a risk and flashed a bootloader and a firmware to my Gotek device. So now it does not work at all. I see the green diode permanently on and blinknig when trying to access floppy drive from the OSA. OSA emits "Disk not inserted" error. No reaction for the flash stick inserted. I have tried to prepare it in various ways, no reaction. Please, help.

The problem is that when I install USB stick with EXCHANGE.BIN and *.upd file the controller does not write or change the EXCHANGE.BIN somehow. I have checked it by the CRC-32 checksum. And I receive the email that my EXCHANGE.BIN is not good. I have tried with couple of USB sticks, I do not think the problem is with them. The controller just seems to be in not responding state
Can you share a picture of this gotek pcb ? what can you read on the gotek screen when once you have flashed the installer ? (EDIT : Silly question since there is no screen i suppose... isn't it ? :roll: )
(you can continue the support by email if you want : hxc2001 at hxc2001 dot com)

Kisudya

Post by Kisudya »

IvanFrance wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:11 pm
Jeff wrote:
Hello,
mapquest directions

Have you fixed this problem yet? Maybe I'm encountering it