Roland S-330 Problems

HxC Floppy Emulator Roland Samplers/Keyboards support
chaworth

Roland S-330 Problems

Post by chaworth »

Hello,

I purchased an HxC SD card emulator to use in my Roland S-330 based on the account that this combination has worked. However, I have so far wasted 4 hours today trying to get this thing to work.

I am using a Sandisk 2Gb SD card (brand new), which I have formatted as FAT32 in Vista. I have transferred the HXCDFE config file onto the card and have converted a single S-330 OS image that I took using S-Disk for windows, renamed as a .IMG file, and then converted to an HFE file. I can see all of this in Windows.

I have then set the HxC up in the S-330, with the data cable set pin1 to pin1, but every time I boot the machine, all I get is the 'Reading FAT...' message.

I have tried this for all ID jumper settings on the PCB, all with the same results.

Is this board actually compatible with the S-330 and if so, what could I be doing wrong?

Regards,
Chris.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Roland S-330 Problems

Post by Jeff »

SDCard compatibility problem. This will be corrected in the next firmware.
Have you another sdcard to try ?

There are some missing info:

->Revision of the Emulator ? (C or F ?)
->When did you purchase the emulator ?
-> Actual firmware version ? (printed on the LCD without sdcard).

chaworth

Post by chaworth »

Hi,

I don't have another SD card to try - I bought this one especially for this application (thinking Sandisk would be widely supported).

Missing info:

->Revision of the Emulator ? (C or F ?) Rev F 3.5" enclosure
->When did you purchase the emulator ? This arrived 2 days ago.
-> Actual firmware version ? (printed on the LCD without sdcard) It states it is a Revision C board at 1.6.0.0

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

chaworth wrote:Hi,

I don't have another SD card to try - I bought this one especially for this application (thinking Sandisk would be widely supported).

Missing info:

->Revision of the Emulator ? (C or F ?) Rev F 3.5" enclosure
->When did you purchase the emulator ? This arrived 2 days ago.
-> Actual firmware version ? (printed on the LCD without sdcard) It states it is a Revision C board at 1.6.0.0
Ok so i will send you right now a new firmware by email.